Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

View attachment 253241

^ Its this that really concerns me.

The atmosphere/attitude is different this year.

Its gone from "we'll drag them over the line" to "we'll drag them to the stocks"
Not sure we necessarily blame the players, but the “drag them over the line” well has run dry after 3 seasons of relegation battles and the added off field points deductions vendetta by the PL against the club and us (don’t want to punish the fans though!) and our own clown show owner & ex-chairman.

I’m sure I’ll be up for it again on Sunday - how long that lasts depends on our performance and willingness to battle for every last ball, throw decision.

I hope they turn up and the fans turn up like never before this season, but I also know I feel more broken and numb by Everton than I ever have before, so can forgive the supporters if they feel the same.

Not sure we necessarily blame the players, but the “drag them over the line” well has run dry after 3 seasons of relegation battles and the added off field points deductions vendetta by the PL against the club and us (don’t want to punish the fans though!) and our own clown show owner & ex-chairman.

Thats what I said.

I’m sure I’ll be up for it again on Sunday - how long that lasts depends on our performance and willingness to battle for every last ball, throw decision.

We're much more highly strung/pressure environment than Nottingham Forest or Luton. I understand why, for reasons we've said - but it's still a concern.

Leicester felt like Goodison the season they went down.

I hope they turn up and the fans turn up like never before this season, but I also know I feel more broken and numb by Everton than I ever have before, so can forgive the supporters if they feel the same.

Again not really blame or forgive, just acknowledging that Goodison might not be the benefit it has been the previous couple of years.

If Forest or Luton fall behind, their crowd are behind them as we have in recent years. Just feels now, we'll all start fuming if we go behind.

Time to stand up and be counted, you bunch of no good [insert expletive of choice here]!

33 EVENOT.png

The deduction derby. A team with a poor home record against a team with a poor away record. No idea what the outcome will be but I suspect it will be unpleasant from our point of view

Booked a birthday meal for the missus weeks back for this date, seems like a decision of Nostradamus proof predictions now!

Will my Lad be able to keep his phone off, will I?

Will my lad keep his cool or will we get barred from the restaurant as he either;

A) drowns a waitress in gravy after we go 2-0 down
B)Litter the place with a foul mouthed tirade of his faux angry scouse superlatives

Or

C) Streak starters while waving his sprouts and "pig in blanket" in some kopite biffs face after we go 4 up

?
Answers on a postcard

*whatever the outcome my good lady and scouser/football hating Manc father In law will platitude away with "it's only a game!"

Such fun, see ya on the other side Blues.

UTFT 💙
Gotta be C definitely, and your son can live on that story for the next twenty years while your wife and his grandad never speak to him again!