777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This what we want in all honesty, somebody to come into the club and restructure everything.

Personally, and I know people feel differently, I want to someone to get a grip of this spiralling mess. Its a toss of a coin if they’re good or not, but they won’t be worse than what we are experiencing now and there is nobody else is interested.

Reading stuff on Hertha, they sound exactly like us. They had an owner who came in, spent millions, sacked every coach left, right and centre and then lost interest in the whole thing. Probably a lot more to it, and I’m sure more knowledgeable people will correct me on this.

But yeah, long story not arsed who takes over as long as the sinking ship is steadied
In theory I agree. But cutting costs means selling your best assets. How well will that really go down?
But we also have a quite staggering level of debt too. And one thing you can say about 777 is that they aren’t exactly renowned for paying their bills on time.
Indeed, they’ve said that buying us would make it easier to leverage more debt against the football group.
Plus, we know that they take money out of their clubs and move it to other bits of their organisation. That’s not good

In theory I agree. But cutting costs means selling your best assets. How well will that really go down?
But we also have a quite staggering level of debt too. And one thing you can say about 777 is that they aren’t exactly renowned for paying their bills on time.
Indeed, they’ve said that buying us would make it easier to leverage more debt against the football group.
Plus, we know that they take money out of their clubs and move it to other bits of their organisation. That’s not good
No matter which way you cut the cloth, we’re toast.

But as my original post, I just want a decision rather being left in limbo. The club is crumbling and regardless of people thoughts on them, they’re the only ones throwing us scraps of a lifeline at the moment.

Its an utter mess and I fear for our long term survival

But as my original post, I just want a decision rather being left in limbo. The club is crumbling and regardless of people thoughts on them, they’re the only ones throwing us scraps of a lifeline at the moment.

Like a life belt without a rope to pull us in so albeit 'saved' we will simply continue drifting in choppy waters for eternity while the sharks circle

W

They have surfaced. Even the club's CEO mentioned their interest in a recent meeting with shareholders, which I was at, with another regular poster on here. The question was posed by a member of the association's exec committee..... because some of the group already knew about them (for various reasons).

Bet you wished you never mentioned a third party now mate as people are so desperate for the 777 takeover to fall through you will get hounded for more details about the mystery party waiting in the shadows

I agree. It's really hard to see a way out of this unless someone very rich who isn't bothered about a return in the short to medium term takes us over.

And even then there would have to be cutbacks and player sales to comply with PSR.

I agree. It's really hard to see a way out of this unless someone very rich who isn't bothered about a return in the short to medium term takes us over.

And even then there would have to be cutbacks and player sales to comply with PSR.

If new owners were to come in and appoint individuals who were competent at building a football squad, this wouldn’t be so bad.

Our problem is that when we sell our better players, we usually waste the money, and never seem able to achieve a squad with some semblance of balance.

If new owners were to come in and appoint individuals who were competent at building a football squad, this wouldn’t be so bad.

Our problem is that when we sell our better players, we usually waste the money, and never seem able to achieve a squad with some semblance of balance.

Once Moshiri and Thelwell have gone, that'll be them 2 plus Kenwright gone and none of these 3 doing absolutely dreadful deals.

It'll take a few years but hopefully some competent people start making the decisions instead of people without any football knowledge and short term planning.