2023/24 Amadou Onana

So, if Busquets was the type of midfielder who was successful as an anchor then why cant another player who is excellent in the role for Belgium also be successful?

Just take a moment and think how Busquets would look in the role Onana is being told to play?

Who would he be passing forwards to and how would he be 'marshalling' the midfield of Doucoure (galavanting around like a dog finding a bone) and Garner?

Its not about the quality of the player, its their playing style and how they would be used to be a success in this team?
Zat whoever played with Busquets would raise their game just because they were on the same field as him, an Doucoure would find plenty of bones, yes Garner needs to raise his game but nowhere as much as Onana. Zat I’m afraid it is all about the quality of the player otherwise I wouldn’t be criticising Onana.
Zat, you like him, I can’t stand him so there’s no happy medium we can agree on but I do honestly admire the way you stand up for him. I can imagine what you’ll be like if he ever improves.

If a player has true ability he can always improve it - - - IF HE WANTS TO - - - does Onana show he has the desire to do this, ambling through nearly every game he plays.
I just think people are underestimating how much the team you’re in matters. It’s very difficult to be a high level player on the ball when you don’t have a set up or teammates that allow for that. It’s very hard to control midfield playing for a manager who is setting the team up to not battle for control of midfield. You’re basically asking him to do things that his manager is telling him not to do or intentionally not putting him in a position to do and then blaming him for not doing it.

That’s not to say he’ll be awesome somewhere else for sure. I’m a little unsure of it myself. I just don’t believe the midfielder who looks good in this team exists.

I just think people are underestimating how much the team you’re in matters. It’s very difficult to be a high level player on the ball when you don’t have a set up or teammates that allow for that. It’s very hard to control midfield playing for a manager who is setting the team up to not battle for control of midfield. You’re basically asking him to do things that his manager is telling him not to do or intentionally not putting him in a position to do and then blaming him for not doing it.

That’s not to say he’ll be awesome somewhere else for sure. I’m a little unsure of it myself. I just don’t believe the midfielder who looks good in this team exists.
Well you are correct Dyche is by passing the midfield a lot of the time which should leave the midfielders with less to do,and conserve their energy but still leave them with some work to do and Onana still does less than Garner, Gueye and Doucoure, still ambles around and is of little benefit to Everton during the game when he is needed. The midfielder who doesn’t exist going by the last two games is Gomes just by putting his foot on the ball looking round and passing the ball, mostly, to one of his team mates, unfortunately he has never been consistent but neither has Onana and that pass he made the other night when he put his foot on the ball looked around and put his pass right out of play near the corner flag was not the first time he has wasted a pass and won’t be the last.
Thanks for your latest “ wow” Zat!!

Well you are correct Dyche is by passing the midfield a lot of the time which should leave the midfielders with less to do,and conserve their energy but still leave them with some work to do and Onana still does less than Garner, Gueye and Doucoure, still ambles around and is of little benefit to Everton during the game when he is needed. The midfielder who doesn’t exist going by the last two games is Gomes just by putting his foot on the ball looking round and passing the ball, mostly, to one of his team mates, unfortunately he has never been consistent but neither has Onana and that pass he made the other night when he put his foot on the ball looked around and put his pass right out of play near the corner flag was not the first time he has wasted a pass and won’t be the last.
Thanks for your latest “ wow” Zat!!

I just think you should state you want a midfielder that is high energy instead of complaining about a DM for being a different type of player to what you want to see.

Would save you alot of time...I like high energy midfielders too...whether a Parkinson, Speed or a Gattuso type warrior.

That would suit the crowd more than Onana who definitely isnt ever going to be that player.

The correlation is that you chat so much wham about young players and hype them up way and above the level they are.

You made a random nonsense post and now 'attack' me?

Everything ok at home?

The facts tell you Barcelona and Bayern are interested. They also show Chelsea have been asking about him twice and he chose to stay twice.

In addition, hes super for Belgium who setup with him as DM and 2 players in front of him. We have a weird midfield setup and balls flying over his head.

So if super clubs want him and hes great for Belgium it appears as though youre a bit silly.

I was also one of the first to 'hype' Branthwaite, even when many wanted him sold.

Did you slate him as well? I assume so...

I think he will go on to be an excellent player for a decent level club. I think Garner could easily be a very handy PL top 10 club midfielder, as well.

The system we "play" is anathema to midfielders who want to do anything other than clatter oppo players. It is one thing to play a system to their weaknesses, but I swear, their abilities and confidence on the ball - on the rare occasions they DO get to show it - are going actively backwards, as if it is being trained out of them.

Best we can do is get a good profit and let the boy fulfil his potential elsewhere. And obviously pile on here to have a cry twice a year when he looks like prime Paddy Vieira against us.

I just think you should state you want a midfielder that is high energy instead of complaining about a DM for being a different type of player to what you want to see.

Would save you alot of time...I like high energy midfielders too...whether a Parkinson, Speed or a Gattuso type warrior.

That would suit the crowd more than Onana who definitely isnt ever going to be that player.

You made a random nonsense post and now 'attack' me?

Everything ok at home?

The facts tell you Barcelona and Bayern are interested. They also show Chelsea have been asking about him twice and he chose to stay twice.

In addition, hes super for Belgium who setup with him as DM and 2 players in front of him. We have a weird midfield setup and balls flying over his head.

So if super clubs want him and hes great for Belgium it appears as though youre a bit silly.

I was also one of the first to 'hype' Branthwaite, even when many wanted him sold.

Did you slate him as well? I assume so...
I could answer you with ‘ Wow’ but that would mean I’m as childish as yourself,so I’ll just say that almost any midfielder would suit me instead of the half hearted Onana.

We'll be lucky to get our money back.
If we're unlucky he's still stealing a substantial wage next season...unless he has a relegation jump ship clause which gets activated.

Then we're All unlucky

I think the Nottingham Forest game should see Amadou Onana getting his mojo back and performing well, setting him up nicely to make a positive impact on our run-in. To be honest though, if he doesn't do the business against Nottingham Forest, he can simply GTF!

I'm willing to cut all the centre mids some slack, they must absolutely hate the way Dyche has us playing. We don't utilise them so it matters not what skillset they bring. They will run and run hard that's about it as the ball sails overhead once more.

I'm willing to cut all the centre mids some slack, they must absolutely hate the way Dyche has us playing. We don't utilise them so it matters not what skillset they bring. They will run and run hard that's about it as the ball sails overhead once more.

I wonder how Arteta, Speed, Parkinson and the likes would have played in this side. I suspect Gravesen would have been pushed into the Doucoure role and Carsley next to Garner.

Not sure who would have excelled.