Relegation 23/24 Thread

When they have done it in the past it has been 'purple patch' type scenario's, don't expect either to keep it up for a full season especially McNeill who just doesn't have the skillset for this level imo.
Each are well capable of scoring goals. Doucoure especially. He got 6 in the first half of the season and nothing much since.

I cant believe he goes from that to contributing nothing.

That copper bottoms our PL status for another season, yeah.

However, more than likely we need two more wins. That'd give us 8 points more than Luton have right now, and if - as it should - we have +GD over Luton that means they'd need 9 points from their remaining games to get past us. They're still up for the fight, but I doubt they have 9 points from 6 games in them.
Or 9 points from 5 games even…
😉

We realistically need 3 more wins dont we.

Where do they come from?

Lutons fixtures look much better than ours. Fulham last day of the season looks very winnable for them, we cant have it going down to the wire again. Plue they have a banker against us.
Banker ? Come on mate

Would love to punt both in the summer.
Doucoure humongous wages and one year left.

McNeil three years left and seemingly on low-ish salary (multiple sources only state 25k, vs 130k for Doucoure - WTF).

Definitely get rid of both asap. Doucoure needs to be flogged to some rich carts in Saudi and McNeil we'd be lucky to get above £10m, but we could get better than him for less than that if we buy properly - literally just buy somebody that can run and they're already better.

I like Doucoure. I defo believe his form has been affected by injury and fasting. But we should be seeing a goal or two from him now.

Abysmal player. Part of the jigsaw as to why Everton are now fighting relegation every season. Mid table plodder in french league. Relegated with watford.
Only at Everton could he end up on 120k a week. Probably a few players playing in the Champions league games in the last 48 hours who are on less than him.

Abysmal player. Part of the jigsaw as to why Everton are now fighting relegation every season. Mid table plodder in french league. Relegated with watford.
Only at Everton could he end up on 120k a week. Probably a few players playing in the Champions league games in the last 48 hours who are on less than him.
Scored 11 in the last 2 seasons so far.

If we hadn't had his goals we'd have been relegated last season and on the way to relegation this season.

The goal Doucoure scored in the last game at home to Bournemouth last season more than paid his salary for the year.

Thats such a bizare take on it. What about the rest of the season where his failure to do the basics, control and pass a ball, were a part of the reason Everton needed a final day win.
Thats exactly why Everton are such a mess. Dont perform most of the season. Score on the final day. Here's a new 120k contract
Club run by idiots.

That copper bottoms our PL status for another season, yeah.

However, more than likely we need two more wins. That'd give us 8 points more than Luton have right now, and if - as it should - we have +GD over Luton that means they'd need 9 points from their remaining games to get past us. They're still up for the fight, but I doubt they have 9 points from 6 games in them.
This is correct!

5 points max from the, checks notes...........1 win in 12....Hatters!