2023/24 Amadou Onana

It would’ve been better to react with words, more adult and more civil. If we stay up I’ll have a very contented summer, until the season starts again and Onana is still here!
I don't think there is any way Onana will be here next season if he can find a buyer or the club can

However, I think the fee may be for less than some expect.

I think Onana has already left Everton in his own mind.

I wonder how Arteta, Speed, Parkinson and the likes would have played in this side. I suspect Gravesen would have been pushed into the Doucoure role and Carsley next to Garner.

Not sure who would have excelled.
Parkinson is a strange one to throw in to that group he’d have probably loved it arteta definitely wouldn’t!

I wonder how Arteta, Speed, Parkinson and the likes would have played in this side. I suspect Gravesen would have been pushed into the Doucoure role and Carsley next to Garner.

Not sure who would have excelled.

Any one of Arteta, Speed, Parkinson, Gravesen or Carsley would have been fine in this side as they're miles and miles and miles better than anything we currently have.

I don't think there is any way Onana will be here next season if he can find a buyer or the club can

Agree, he's 100% gone, in his own mind and probably in ours. Really not sure how much we'll get out of him now with the Euros and a big move upcoming. He will probably go on to be a very good player, but I will look back on him with complete indifference.

I’d be happy with making any kind of profit on the sale of him, not sure what people see in him, still young and can improve not the worst player in the world but from what I’ve seen won’t be a world beater anytime soon squad needs a total refresh and his sale hopefully allows for 2 new players in.

It depends, Lavia at £58mil would put Onana at £70mil+ quite easily.

The trick for us is selling others before the euros and Onana after the euros as he will flourish in the Belgian side.

Im hoping we can clear £65mil+ after clauses. That should be enough for 2 or 3 new signings.

Parkinson is a strange one to throw in to that group he’d have probably loved it arteta definitely wouldn’t!

Agreed. It was more to showcase that not all of ouŕ quality midfielders would thrive.

Any one of Arteta, Speed, Parkinson, Gravesen or Carsley would have been fine in this side as they're miles and miles and miles better than anything we currently have.

Who would Arteta and Gravesen be passing to? Carsley would struggle also with no midfield structure.

Disagree. Speed and Parkinson would be class but the others i doubt would have much impact.

Agree, he's 100% gone, in his own mind and probably in ours. Really not sure how much we'll get out of him now with the Euros and a big move upcoming. He will probably go on to be a very good player, but I will look back on him with complete indifference.

When we see him at the euros many will be calling him a super player...wait and see.

The trick for us is selling others before the euros and Onana after the euros as he will flourish in the Belgian side.

Im hoping we can clear £65mil+ after clauses. That should be enough for 2 or 3 new signings.

Agreed. It was more to showcase that not all of ouŕ quality midfielders would thrive.

Who would Arteta and Gravesen be passing to? Carsley would struggle also with no midfield structure.

Disagree. Speed and Parkinson would be class but the others i doubt would have much impact.

When we see him at the euros many will be calling him a super player...wait and see.
The difference between Arteta and Gravesen and any of our midfielders are that they can actually shoot. So if there's no one to pass to in this squad, rheum take it upon themselves to grab a few goals instead.

The difference between Arteta and Gravesen and any of our midfielders are that they can actually shoot. So if there's no one to pass to in this squad, rheum take it upon themselves to grab a few goals instead.
Good theorem, falling a bit flat when the instructions are for them to sit back and go long - how many chances of those do they get?

Good theorem, falling a bit flat when the instructions are for them to sit back and go long - how many chances of those do they get?
Aye - chances are very much at a premium for these players. But it makes it all the worse on the rare occasions when the ball does fall nicely for the likes of Harrison, McNeil, Garner but especially Onana, Gomes and Gueye because none of them are capable of hitting it with any conviction and every single fan expects the ball to fly into row Z as we've seen it time after time.

Aye - chances are very much at a premium for these players. But it makes it all the worse on the rare occasions when the ball does fall nicely for the likes of Harrison, McNeil, Garner but especially Onana, Gomes and Gueye because none of them are capable of hitting it with any conviction and every single fan expects the ball to fly into row Z as we've seen it time after time.
I mean it's the same when Doucoure gets it - people keep saying he's been great because of the Bournemouth and one of the Brighton goals but more than half of his shots are straight at the keeper or massively off target.

McNeil can hit one but literally everyone knows to just cover his left and he won't do anything, Harrison was never known for shooting which is why that goal was a fluke, and some of the rest aren't even that much forward as players - both Onana and Gueye are much better when sitting deep and covering/redistributing, Garner is midway but he's still not an attacking mid and no one has any idea what Gomes is nowadays like.

Shame it's illegal to train attacking or finishing from more than 5 feet out, as it seems we do that very well in training, judging by the videos.

Yeah we aren’t getting over £70 million for him mate.