Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Whilst I don't truly believe we will go down this year, I do believe that this transfer window is the last chance to properly amend this squad, otherwise 24/25, we will be relegated.
I just can't see how we can.

Even considering jettisoning the wages we are and even if we get reasonable money for Branthwaite and Onana we still need to pay for Beto and I assume some others, so we have a hole at CB to start with plus require upgrades at midfield (Gueye to go too?). We haven't addressed our strikers as Beto looks like he's not up to it. Can DCL come back to form?

On top of all this we also need to correct ourselves with respect to PSR or whatever replaces that in the coming months. Whether its addressing P & L or wages to turnover % we will have to shed a tonne of wages AND bring in good fees to get back within parameters let alone provide enough money to make the required personnel changes. Our signings will likely come from the loan/free transfer market in my opinion.

We all know it’s his preferred target, and because of that (and they have no money), Barca are refusing to pay any thing near a going rate for him.

See about players included in the deal.

Never going to happen. Swap deals are rare and complex and in this scenario where we need to realise actual cash, even less likely. Plus you also have the problem of us needing to cut costs and Barcelona's playing staff are largely all on very good contracts.

The article references Chelsea and that one is much more likely (albeit they may have their own issues).

Do we have to sell him before a certain date as well? There's no chance we get the sort of money people are hoping for, or even market value probably.

Utter clickbait

They haven't even lined up a new manager