Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Warrington couldn't get game time at Plymouth Argyle

They'll all just be fillers on the bench.

I get people saying you can get by with a 20 man squad given Dyche's reluctance to rotate or even make subs in many games. However I'd be interested to see the injury list table of all prem clubs as this club would be near the bottom (and it's a league you do want to be in the bottom 3).

Aside from Doucs I can't think of a single important player out for even a 4-5 game period this season. Myko, Harrison McNeill and DCL were all out until mid September which resulted in one point from the first 5 but since then they've all been available for the vast majority of games as have Garner and Onana.

So it's either superb medical care or slightly more lax training compared to other clubs to minimise the risk of muscle injuries. Or just plain luck. Considering what a comical mess the whole club is I tend to lean towards the later rather than Dyche playing a blinder on the fitness side.

If Branthwaite goes then what would relegate the club more than any replacements is Tarks pulling up and being out for a 2-3 month period as he really will be holding the defence together with all his premier league nous so that's how brittle the prospects are as things currently stand.

Apparently we had scouts watching Olympiacos and fenerbahce

Anyone decent at Olympiacos will just end up at Forest with Markanakis owning both. Can remember Jovetic at Man. City around 2012. 34 so that's the OAP link.

Fenerbache is an incredible squad to look at. Have all of Dzeko, Tadic, Bonucci, Batshuyai in it so looks like someone drunk playing FM has put it together!

I guess someone like Bright Osayi-Samuel was being watched. Remember him years back at QPR being an exciting winger but he's playing as an RB now so surely with the options there now a younger alternative can be sourced. Came through the youth set up at Blackpool aswell.

Anyone decent at Olympiacos will just end up at Forest with Markanakis owning both. Can remember Jovetic at Man. City around 2012. 34 so that's the OAP link.

Fenerbache is an incredible squad to look at. Have all of Dzeko, Tadic, Bonucci, Batshuyai in it so looks like someone drunk playing FM has put it together!

I guess someone like Bright Osayi-Samuel was being watched. Remember him years back at QPR being an exciting winger but he's playing as an RB now so surely with the options there now a younger alternative can be sourced. Came through the youth set up at Blackpool aswell.
Sebastien Szymanski is who id want from Fenerbache, Polish midfielder but i reckon he could get a better move than us.

Thats not really how they or Madrid operate...it would be a move from 'upstairs'.

Also they are hoping Xavi stays on.

For FFP

I cant be bothered to check the fee but lets say it was £25mil on a 4 year deal.

Its £25mil ÷ 4 for each year with us = £6.25mil.

£18.75mil would on our books as depreciation if we sold him for the same fee so we would generate an FFP profit of £6.25mil and we would benefit from his wages being off the books.

Guessing thats what you mean for FFP?

In terms of real money as weve not paid anything down we would just get our money back on the books.
Does the amortisation of transfer fees gets factored into P&S?
For some reason I thought the fees were applied in the first year.
(Or has it changed recently - I thought Chelsea were up the creek after trying to swerve it with 8 year contracts)
If not, wouldn’t it apply to sales too - ie flogging Richie or Claire Balding wouldn’t have dug us out of our hole as far as they did?

Does the amortisation of transfer fees gets factored into P&S?
For some reason I thought the fees were applied in the first year.
(Or has it changed recently - I thought Chelsea were up the creek after trying to swerve it with 8 year contracts)
If not, wouldn’t it apply to sales too - ie flogging Richie or Claire Balding wouldn’t have dug us out of our hole as far as they did?

Sales on straight onto the books

Signings are across the contract

Calling it once more, Jacob Greaves currently at Hull City makes the Championship team of the year.
If we lose Branthwaite and don't get this kid as a replacement, file under yet another Everton failure.

There are loads of similar players in France etc.
Why do we never do a Brighton/Brentford and get some gems from Europe?

I don’t know why we’ve never gone for another Arteta. It’s like we watched him become the best midfielder we’ve had for ages then thought ‘nah cba looking at Spanish midfielders ever again’