2023/24 Sean Dyche

Don’t know why anyone would have any confidence of that happening.

Are you new to Everton? 😝
Before Chelsea game, a lot said we would lose to chelsea and beat Forest. Now the same few say after losing to Chelsea we will now lose to Forest.
If it was 1-0/3-0/6-0 v Chelsea its the same, just one defeat v a decent team, no matter the manner of it. it to me wont effect how we do this game.

Before Chelsea game, a lot said we would lose to chelsea and beat Forest. Now the same few say after losing to Chelsea we will now lose to Forest.
If it was 1-0/3-0/6-0 v Chelsea its the same, just one defeat v a decent team, no matter the manner of it. it to me wont effect how we do this game.
Eh? The manner of it absolutely DOES make a difference.

And let’s be right, they’re a mid table team, and they put 6 past us (and could have pretty much scored as many as they want if they hadn’t taken their foot massively off the pedal)

And let’s be right, they’re a mid table team, and they put 6 past us (and could have pretty much scored as many as they want if they hadn’t taken their foot massively off the pedal)
Like i said, the manner of that game doesnt effect this game. does that defeat auto mean we lose this weekend, like many are carrying on ? We may lose, we may not lose, we will see. You obviously dont think we will

And lets get it right, Chelsea are a billionaire squad, who are not doing as well as they should, but are still way better than us.

Last edited:
Dyche the morning after the 777 takeover has been approved

jamal-adams-locked.gif
Just our luck that's him trying to get out 😬

Like i said, the manner of that game doesnt effect this game. does that defeat auto mean we lose this weekend, like many are carrying on ? We may lose, we may not lose, we will see.

And lets get it right, Chelsea are a billionaire squad, who are not doing as well as they should, but are still way better than us.
They may be better than us, but having recently dropped points to Sheffield UTD and at home to 10 man Burnley, both of them having shown they are out of their depth in the EPL this season, getting thumped 6-0 would make you wonder if our lot aren`t bothered about turning up at Chelsea on Monday night that they`ll not be bothered at lunchtime on Sunday either.

It doesn't really though does it it happens all the team a team gets trounced and then goes out and wins the next one i'm not saying we will but the scoreline doesn't make that much difference to the next game. Chelsea shouldn't be a midtable team they have a very good squad but they've been inconsistent people keep saying they dropped points to Burnley and Sheffield United but they also haven't to City or Arsenal and they're on an 11 game unbeaten run in all competitions its not like we lost 6 0 to Fulham it is different.

It doesn't really though does it it happens all the team a team gets trounced and then goes out and wins the next one i'm not saying we will but the scoreline doesn't make that much difference to the next game. Chelsea shouldn't be a midtable team they have a very good squad but they've been inconsistent people keep saying they dropped points to Burnley and Sheffield United but they also haven't to City or Arsenal and they're on an 11 game unbeaten run in all competitions its not like we lost 6 0 to Fulham it is different.
Trajectory is an important consideration though .
1 win in 15
4 home wins all season
Very heavy defeat in the preceding game
Deteriorating performances
Injuries
As a neutral you would favour the away side in this fixture.
A draw is what I would realistically expect given our long run of poor form.
I’m hoping for a win .
But expecting another defeat .

Trajectory is an important consideration though .
1 win in 15
4 home wins all season
Very heavy defeat in the preceding game
Deteriorating performances
Injuries
As a neutral you would favour the away side in this fixture.
A draw is what I would realistically expect given our long run of poor form.
I’m hoping for a win .
But expecting another defeat .
I'm expecting another defeat too but i've expected a defeat in virtually every game we've played over the last 3 and a half years so that doesn't mean much. I'm not defending the team or the manager I'm just saying I don't agree that losing 6 0 away to chelsea really has any impact on how we'll do at home to forest if we lose it will be because we're rubbish and have been for a long time not because we lost the last game by 6 instead of by 2.

6-0 either provokes a massive confidence hit or a huge bounce back.
(Or a continuation of the poor form)

I think most of us are clinging on to the fact the Forest are beatable on Sunday and 3 points will feel like a huge relief. with so little games lef to play, Sunday is probably defines our season, lose to Forest and i think we go down personally.

Personally id be very surprised if we get anything out of the game never mind 3 points. teams will be desperate to play us.

A thrashing at Chelsea can be written off but I feel it will turn really toxic on Sunday if we get beat.

Agree with all of this. I see us getting beat again on Sunday 😫 and I think things will really turn toxic then with mass discontent from the stands towards Dyche.

His style of footy is horrible but is tolerated when you're getting results. When you're on a run of 1 win in 15 it's a different story and the paying punters won't stand for it.