Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I can predict this:

1. The team is sent out clearly looking to achieve a narrow victory but told "just don't lose"
2. Several golden chances are passed up - at least two should have ended up in the net
3. Forest score early doors second half, Wood header as he dominates Tarkowski
4. First Everton change after 78 minutes, Beto for DCL
5. Second Everton change after 86 minutes, Harrison for Young
*either*
6a. An incredible bit of good fortune sees us grab an equaliser, game ends 1-1
*or*
6b. Forest hold firm, then produce a slick counter attack and score a second on 96 minutes, game ends 0-2.

After the press conference, we know who will be available for Forest. Sadly our squad is so small and our manager isn't the most tactical so I will expect another 4-4-1-1 despite the current run of utter turd.

Good news on Branthwaite and DCL back however Patterson being out is a blow to him but I doubt Dyche would have played him.if he was fit.

Personally I would rip that team v Chelsea starting lineup up but our squad is threadbare. Young, Onana, Garner and Tarkowski stunk the place out but we don't have the options.

XI v Forest

Pickford
Godfrey - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Harrison - Gueye - Doucoure - McNeil
Gomes
DCL

Forest conceded the most goals from set pieces in the Premier League this season.. and let’s face it it’s the only way we look like scoring most of the time.

It is terrifying how pivotal this weekend could be. If Brentford beat luton and Sheffield beat Burnley and of course we beat Forest, we could be four points clear again. Wildly optimistic (bordering on hysteria) I know, but this weekend could be a boss one for us if all goes well.

It is terrifying how pivotal this weekend could be. If Brentford beat luton and Sheffield beat Burnley and of course we beat Forest, we could be four points clear again. Wildly optimistic (bordering on hysteria) I know, but this weekend could be a boss one for us if all goes well.
5 points clear with a +8 goal difference (give or take) on Luton and with a game in hand on them.

Still, probably won't turn out that way. 😢

I think I can predict this:

1. The team is sent out clearly looking to achieve a narrow victory but told "just don't lose"
2. Several golden chances are passed up - at least two should have ended up in the net
3. Forest score early doors second half, Wood header as he dominates Tarkowski
4. First Everton change after 78 minutes, Beto for DCL
5. Second Everton change after 86 minutes, Harrison for Young
*either*
6a. An incredible bit of good fortune sees us grab an equaliser, game ends 1-1
*or*
6b. Forest hold firm, then produce a slick counter attack and score a second on 96 minutes, game ends 0-2.
You've watched Everton before. You just missed out the very contentious refereeing decision in Forest's favour.

We’re already a point above Forest and Burnley are six points behind them so even if Burnley and Luton both won we’d be back to four points clear just by beating Forest.

He really has hasn't he. I remember when he was out injured and we were blaming our bad form on him not being available. But now he's become completely ineffective, no idea how he could tail off so much.
Because he’s always been a limited footballer. He found some form, but you’re always going to struggle to keep it going when you can’t control a football.

I personally don’t mind him playing him centre mid, as he’s good off the ball and will run all day, but the fact we’re using him in a position usually reserved for the more creative players is criminal and shows just how bad the squad is.

Still dreading this one

Will be dreading it even more tomorrow.

I think this is the decider for me so if we win we stay up, if we lose we go down (not enough characters in the team with enough fight to continue) If we draw then everything still up for grabs.

Just win Everton you donkies!