David Moyes

Moyes is a really good manager.

No idea why people beat him with the ‘knife to a gunfight’ line - he was absolutely correct. West Ham will drop like a stone once he’s gone.

He’s miles better than Dyche.

However, we need a modern progressive manager and that’s not Moyes.
Think the issue (for me at least) is in hindsight that comment along with numerous similar rhetoric was defeatist and set a tone that I personally think still reverberates through the club today.
Right or not, it was reductive of Everton while ‘bigging up’ his abilities.

Worst of all he’s developed a tendency to refer to himself in the 3rd party. That alone should exclude him from consideration!

Were doers it say this is the correct way to go about things?
We have had a DOF since 2015! Thats not gone to plan!

One of the biggest reasons for managers failing seems to be given players they dont want!
It’s my opinion , if you think differently then fine. DOF hasn’t worked at Everton, because to many people have interfered, Brands has even come out and said he wasn’t allowed to do his job.

The managers at this club have picked their players or at least some of them, but Moshiri, kenwright and Moshiri’s agent mate have all been involved. For it to work you buy the players, that suit the manager. And if that mananger doesn’t work, the next one should have a similar philosophy.

While potter and de Zerbi aren’t exactly the same, they have a similar style and that help Brighton have continuity. The clowns running Everton couldn’t even pick 2 managers of similar philosophy, Dyche and Bielsa you couldn’t get 2 more different than that , but that was the Choice we ended up with. No wonder they can’t get players that compliment each other

Take him back in a heartbeat. The last happy memories i have of being not scared to play anyone, being proud to be a blue and being in Europe almost every season was when he was in charge and ironically, I couldn't wait to get rid of him back then. How that ended up biting me in the ass.

He's done really, really well at West ham but he also has sprinklings of quality that we simply possess in our squad. Players like Paqueta, Bowen, Alvarez, even Ward-Prowse. Man for man I'm struggling to think who we have who would get in their side. Pickford, Branthwaite, Calvert-Lewin maybe? But an 8-3 ratio with West Ham of all teams is pretty grim.
Calvert-Lewin. Really?

It’s my opinion , if you think differently then fine. DOF hasn’t worked at Everton, because to many people have interfered, Brands has even come out and said he wasn’t allowed to do his job.

The managers at this club have picked their players or at least some of them, but Moshiri, kenwright and Moshiri’s agent mate have all been involved. For it to work you buy the players, that suit the manager. And if that mananger doesn’t work, the next one should have a similar philosophy.

While potter and de Zerbi aren’t exactly the same, they have a similar style and that help Brighton have continuity. The clowns running Everton couldn’t even pick 2 managers of similar philosophy, Dyche and Bielsa you couldn’t get 2 more different than that , but that was the Choice we ended up with. No wonder they can’t get players that compliment each other
You have to laugh when your last two candidates being dyche and bielsa - I wonder if there was even a hint of self awareness in the boardroom at the utter idiocy of that situation

His 'knife to a gunfight' mentality, of downplaying expectation for his own (and maybe some clubs) benefit at every turn is something he's done at every club.

At Man Utd he would talk about how a point at Newcastle would be a good result, and before a ball was kicked at Sunderland he was saying it would be a miracle if they stayed up.

I'd never want him back but West Ham are 6th, 4 points off 4th on the back of winning a trophy. He's had his best 2 year spell of his career and you should be kissing the blokes feet at the moment.
Yep, it hasn't been the same here since he went. "Be careful what you wish for", "Better the devil you know" and all that.

Some of you are on some sort of dinosaur football ride

Never go back
Moyes... Dinosaur you say....?

source.gif

No for a DoF role to firstly be appropriate, it is a role for a club that wants a certain ‘DNA’ or style/brand to how they play football so a DoF should be a long term strategic role (for the right candidate) which means players are brought in that suits that style of play and all scouts/coaches and managers are identified which also suit that style of play. The manager has to suit the club’s preferred method of playing…..not buying players to suit the manager…..that’s what has got us into this mess with a disjointed squad.