Relegation 23/24 Thread

Unless we know of something that guarantees it being ruled out then it could end up being the stupidest decision we've ever made. And that takes some doing..

From what I thought could of been coming our way, 2pts was a gift.
I think it’s likely based on three things:

1. If Forests appeal goes south we can withdraw ours with no damage done;
2. The growing coverage of the fact Tottenhams ground-building interest was allowed in PSR calculations and submission;
3. The Todd-foolery of Chelsea’s creative accounting with the sale of two hotels effectively to themselves.

I’m relatively confident one or even both points will be reinstated.

I don't think either of the appeals will result in points changes this time. However, if anything were to change I'd imagine the deductions increasing rather than decreasing to discourage future appeals.
Alternatively, as the whole rules around PSR are changing next season the IC might want to try and clean up Dickie Masters mess in time for the Independent Regulator sitting at the table. In effect, wipe it clean, disinfect it and forget the whole sorry episode ever happened to the beautiful game.

Be hilarious if Burnley and Luton got a bit of hope of survival due to the points deductions then right at the end we get the 2 back on appeal and it’s gone again. Both should have been down weeks ago and wouldn’t have had any hope to even play for.

If the worst football team of all time to be in the prem this season gets an 8 point deduction and still stays up what does that say about the media’s favourite Luton team who always have ‘something about them’ and ‘top manager’ Vincent Kompany?

Be hilarious if Burnley and Luton got a bit of hope of survival due to the points deductions then right at the end we get the 2 back on appeal and it’s gone again. Both should have been down weeks ago and wouldn’t have had any hope to even play for.

If the worst football team of all time to be in the prem this season gets an 8 point deduction and still stays up what does that say about the media’s favourite Luton team who always have ‘something about them’ and ‘top manager’ Vincent Kompany?

Need to do our own job first mate.

the nasty nagging in me still presentiments a final day relegation coming...can't shake that feeling: the League is corrupt...and they want us having no part of it. Luton will survive...but we will be made scapegoats to cover the egregiousness of the PL...like Niasse copping the red card for deliberate falling in the penalty box.
Lads..the whole thing is bent...stop being slaves to its indenture/servitude.

Last edited: