Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The biggest issue is that again in the final third the performance has been woeful. Bad decisions every time, it was even a bad decision from gana to shoot given he had previously only scored once from long range in his last 99 attempts.

We need to sort out the decision making and take the game to them the same second half but with much more composure.
Yeah just get in front of goal and they have no idea of what to do. Ping a shot if in doubt I say. Only Gana listens to me

I agree, decision making, it`s like they don`t have proper instruction at that end of the pitch hence why it looks off the cuff.

Another bad decision was Mykolenko shooting when McNeil is stood 10 yards to his left to deliver again and keep the pressure on and sustain the attack. Mykolenko shoots and lets them off the hook.

Another I remember is DCL chipping the cross in the box, I think other PL strikers look to go in on goal or get to the byline and drive it across.

Exactly and doucoure attempted a very difficult round the back pass that went to the keeper when he could have just played it wide.

I think they need to just keep working it and try to create opportunities for the likes of mcneil, young, gomes to playmake. Doucoure needs to just be getting in the box

As reactions to the rubbish of Monday go, that hasn't been too bad.

I'd be very tempted to take Young off. He's been very lucky twice now, he might not be so lucky next time

Gibbs White will hurt us if we give him time and space and he will drop deeper the longer it’s 1-0.

Keep the intensity up and attack them.
I agree, keep the line outside the 18 yard box and get good possession in midfield but we will sink like we saw at the end of that half.

Could be a nervy last 10 plus injury time... another would be massive.

The two penalty incidents have been given in other games and not given in other games. I think neither are worthy of penalties as there is minimal contact on the first and the second his arms are in a natural position considering he had literally just turned round at pace. His arms are in an unnatural position if they were down by his side in my opinion.