2023/24 Sean Dyche

Dyche took Burnley from the lower leagues into Europe on a near none existent budget.

He's also come to Everton and kept us up two seasons in a row, one of those having suffered an 8 point penalty deduction.

Man's done a decent job. He just doesnt fist pump or have an exotic continental name so the hipsters want him exiled.
The old European chestnut

It was what 8yrs ago and after that they stated to fall like a stone and he couldn’t change the story and got relegated 🤣

Fluke seasons happen. Nuno got wolves 7th twice would you want him? Chris wilder got Sheffield Utd 9th a few seasons ago. Look at Moyes early years. 17th,4th, 11th. Leicester 1st then 9th

You can then seasons where everything falls for you,
No injuries, luck with ref decisions etc. I wouldn’t expect him to keep Burnley 7th, but after moyes’s early years he kept us top 8, 8 seasons running. Once Burnley started to drop he had no answer.

Nah. If we dont sack him then we are totally stupid. The teams coming up are likely to be much stronger than those going down. We will sell big and what little money left that does not go into the new stadium needs to be spent wisely. New manager is essential. Do not want another year of Dycheball
I mean Burnley destroyed the championship and now look at them. The gulf is massive in these two leagues.

I remember them having 80% possession, but having fewer touches than us in the opposing box.

We played a good first half with a good plan to play counter, getting 3-4 good opportunities and a deserved ht lead.

But I cannot explain why we didn't proceed this way the 2nd half. We went fully only defending. We had 2 shots in the 2nd half in total, 1 after the 1:1 which was after a set piece and Harrison.
That’s at goodison. At Brighton we didn’t have a shot in the first half and all game
3 on target to their 7 on target.
We didn’t have a shot after they went to 10men

Dyche took Burnley from the lower leagues into Europe on a near none existent budget.

He's also come to Everton and kept us up two seasons in a row, one of those having suffered an 8 point penalty deduction.

Man's done a decent job. He just doesnt fist pump or have an exotic continental name so the hipsters want him exiled.
That's a low bar for a team with our wage bill and level of support
I agree he's done alright in the circumstances but it isn't going to get better
He has one style and its an ugly one

Some of those 'exotic continental names probably have a plan B when needed though

That’s at goodison. At Brighton we didn’t have a shot in the first half and all game
3 on target to their 7 on target.
We didn’t have a shot after they went to 10men

Yeah exactly, they were a bit like us in Manchester in the first half. A lot of shots, but not really dangerous.

I don't remember, but was the clearance of the line after Doucoure's volley our first chance? Then a screamer of Brants. I believe Beto had a 1vs1 as well that went 2-3 meters above bar. Cannot remember more.

I believe Beto's shot was the only one after the red card, but they managed to constrict us after the red card, after we kept the danger away in the 2nd half in the majority before.

A little credit when it's due, I can be magnanimous, when needed😉

Good result after the Chelsea debacle, perhaps he needs to keep the suit off?

Still want him gone ASAP.

He's turd, simple as but may have done enough to keep us up in unusual and extraordinary circumstances, but I can't watch another minute of his football next season.

Onward and Upward Everton, is all that matters.

Still want hom gone ASAP.

He's turd, simple as but may have done enough to keep us up in unusual and extraordinary circumstances, but I can't watch another minute of his football next season.

Do you call this a work to duty manager?

Monday games and Everton have been a huge problem in recent years...

Still want him gone ASAP.

Exactly this
Nothing personal against the guy, give me him over Koeman any day but our players need to know they are playing for Everton and not Burnley
Maybe Sky has done such a good job of white washing us out of the history books that everybody thinks we're a small club now, beginning with Kenwright buying into the narrative

The old European chestnut

It was what 8yrs ago and after that they stated to fall like a stone and he couldn’t change the story and got relegated 🤣

Fluke seasons happen. Nuno got wolves 7th twice would you want him? Chris wilder got Sheffield Utd 9th a few seasons ago. Look at Moyes early years. 17th,4th, 11th. Leicester 1st then 9th

You can then seasons where everything falls for you,
No injuries, luck with ref decisions etc. I wouldn’t expect him to keep Burnley 7th, but after moyes’s early years he kept us top 8, 8 seasons running. Once Burnley started to drop he had no answer.

Not many managers in our price range could have done what he did last season after Lampard tried his damn hardest to relegate us.

Comes in, puffs out his big ol' alpha chest, and only goes and beats league leaders Arsenal. Since then he's done all that has been asked of him. If Onana is sold in the summer, give him the funds to cook.

I think it's right so. To get progressive football we need to replace half of the squad and the manager as well.

Because with the current squad you cannot go counter attacking and go possession as we lose the ball after 3 fast passes, we saw this in the first half today...
I don't know what I would play with the current squad.
I wouldn’t play football, that’s for sure. I think tiddly winks could be a step to far

Not many managers in our price range could have done what he did last season after Lampard tried his damn hardest to relegate us.

Comes in, puffs out his big ol' alpha chest, and only goes and beats league leaders Arsenal. Since then he's done all that has been asked of him. If Onana is sold in the summer, give him the funds to cook.
I think that was on the manager bounce also a bit.

At least we win games like Burnley and Forest, where we lost against Southampton and Bournemouth last season, these 6-pointers. These games are the most important wins atm.

It's not in a beautiful way, but it's results that count.