Relegation 23/24 Thread

Transcript has been released -

1st pen 'sorry wasn't watching, no-one cares about these teams, carry on'

2nd pen - ' we love you luton we do! Omg luton we love you'

3rd pen - 'look at Ashley's little face, a Saint in my book..no pen'
Haha, it’s just so silly. There’s six officials and a replay guy involved in these decisions, which is ridiculous, but it’s also checks and balances against individual bias. You simply couldn’t get away with trying to rig a match with six other professionals involved even if you could, unless the other six were all Luton also. And all six had also concluded that an Everton win was the best result for Luton and not the draw. And all six had decided to risk their careers to rig a very marginally (if at all) better result for the team they support.

You're never safe until you can't be caught but the chances of Luton getting 6 points more than us AND Forest getting 4 more than us have got to be very slim considering the rate they've picked up points so far.
That's a fair summary. We're in a much better position than we were 48 hours ago. Forest looked very poor against us too, hopefully Man City give their GD a good pummeling at the weekend as well.

So they are not accusing Attwell of bias but are merely concerned about the perception of bias that they themselves have entirely created. Tying themselves in Notts.

I have to say I’ve been laughing reading that…..it’s like when someone pissed up behaves really badly on a night out, upsets a load of people and then has to run around apologising the next day hungover (speaking from experience) 😂

Already responded. There's a few like Speed and Stuart who is missing from your list - sold that season, but still scored 10 goals for us. For me, Speed, Stuart, Barmby, Hutchinson all walk into this team - as does Ferguson. Tbf, I'd have Watson and Short in ahead of Tarkowski too.

That team finished on 40 points. I'd take that now. And again next season.

Last season we finished with our lowest ever points total. And lowest goal scorers in the whole league.

This season - Only Sheff Utd have scored less than us and we've broken a club record for most games without victory.

In my view, scoring the least in the league, and second least in consecutive seasons, contributing towards our lowest ever points total and club record for games without a win supports the view that this is our worst ever Premier League squad. You need to be capable of scoring goals - we aren't.

We have individual players who aren't anywhere near the worst we've ever had, but as a squad - balance, depth, pace... ability to score goals - I think this is our worst for competing and the results show it.
At least we've won that trophy. Good times.

That copper bottoms our PL status for another season, yeah.

However, more than likely we need two more wins. That'd give us 8 points more than Luton have right now, and if - as it should - we have +GD over Luton that means they'd need 9 points from their remaining games to get past us. They're still up for the fight, but I doubt they have 9 points from 6 games in them.
At the time you wrote this they actually only had 5 games left. Their position is grim.