Summer 2024 transfer thread.

Bloodbath, its gonna be a bloodbath.

oh-yeah-macho-man.gif

We have 3 Strikers, it really shouldnt be a priority.

Our priority should be to replace the players we lose in the squad and then maybe, if you want, try and replace 1 of the 3 Strikers we have, but first of all 1 of them would have to leave.

If you look at this list of players :

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
João Virgínia
Billy Crellin

Right Backs
Nathan Patterson

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski
Michael Keane
Ben Godfrey
Mason Holgate

Midfield
James Garner
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Idrissa Gueye

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil
Lewis Dobbin

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Youssef Chermiti
Beto

And consider Striker a priority, then fair play to you.
We don't score goals though, absolutely no point in buying midfielders who score goals as we bypass midfield and the players hardly see the ball. We can't go into a season with DCL and Beto up top mate. Id agree that we need to sort the Branthwaite and Onana replacements first (if/when they go) but unless Chermiti has an insane pre season or Dyche suddenly catches up with modern day management and changes the way we play we will need someone. Doucoure hasn't scored since before Christmas and really should be a squad player and McNeil is way too inconsistent to be relied upon for goals.

We don't score goals though, absolutely no point in buying midfielders who score goals as we bypass midfield and the players hardly see the ball. We can't go into a season with DCL and Beto up top mate. Id agree that we need to sort the Branthwaite and Onana replacements first (if/when they go) but unless Chermiti has an insane pre season or Dyche suddenly catches up with modern day management and changes the way we play we will need someone. Doucoure hasn't scored since before Christmas and really should be a squad player and McNeil is way too inconsistent to be relied upon for goals.
MY priority would be to fill in the holes.

Fullbacks
Midfield
Forwards

Then maybe focus on improving the other areas, like CB and ST.

I can assure you, we arent fixing the squad this window, but the very least we should do is make sure we have at least 20 players to name each week and that is gonna mean some areas go without improvement.

Besides, if we had some actual fullbacks and a midfield who can pass, plus some forwards not stick in reverse, that our Strikers might produce more.

MY priority would be to fill in the holes.

Fullbacks
Midfield
Forwards

Then maybe focus on improving the other areas, like CB and ST.

I can assure you, we arent fixing the squad this window, but the very least we should do is make sure we have at least 20 players to name each week and that is gonna mean some areas go without improvement.

Besides, if we had some actual fullbacks and a midfield who can pass, plus some forwards not stick in reverse, that our Strikers might produce more.
This is my point though, what you are saying here, you are asking him to change the way he sets up the team and executes the game plan we follow. I have seen us have throw ins/corners and the ball has ended up coming all the way back to Pickford only for him to hoof it back up the field again. This is Everton we don't want to watch that crap.

This is my point though, what you are saying here, you are asking him to change the way he sets up the team and executes the game plan we follow. I have seen us have throw ins/corners and the ball has ended up coming all the way back to Pickford only for him to hoof it back up the field again. This is Everton we don't want to watch that crap.
He’d have Martin Odegaard watching clips of Robbie Brady and Ashley Westwood

Do people think Jack Harrison is worth buying?

He plays because he might be our best option for RW but I really don't see him being worth what we pay in fee and wages and I don't think he makes the team better enough of the time.

Even if he was worth buying I don't think we've got the funds unless there was an agreement of something less than £15mill over a few years. He's still contracted to Leeds until 2028. No way they'd let him go for that price.

I'm assuming we have a manager who knows how to play football.

I didnt mean under Dyche.

Even if he was worth buying I don't think we've got the funds unless there was an agreement of something less than £15mill over a few years. He's still contracted to Leeds until 2028. No way they'd let him go for that price.
They want about £25m for him, Thelwell has already stated we won't be paying money for players 27 and over (Harrison will be 28 by the start of next season) There is simply no value in this transfer for us.