2023/24 Sean Dyche

3 behind de Zerbi, they have 2 games still to go though. Pointwise we can say it's been a solid season overall. There are some big question marks in it tho.
There are mate, you’re right. The winless run can’t be overlooked. I do think if the points had been a bit more evenly spread out Dyche would get more credit though, and a lot of that just comes down to the schedule and the demoralising effect of the off field stuff.

It’s as simple as this, for me. Imagine last August if you’d been offered 40 point season, you’d have taken it.

He’s earned the transfer window and the start of next season, but not a new contract. Let’s see how he gets on and reassess in October when he’ll be cheaper to sack anyway
Genuinely the worst of all the available options.

We should either thank him for his service at the end of the season, or we should make a decision that he’s going to take us into the next season.

We need to stop being reactive. If we give him the transfer window then end up canning him in October, it’s another window’s worth of the wrong manager’s players

Just as it's been shown not to get carried away by a bad result or a poor run of form it's equally important not to get carried away with a Derby win albeit a very convincing one.

That said I do think "The Dyche Stadium at Bramley Moore" has a ring to it.

Maybe a pub rather than a stadium... he'd have two named after him then :pint2:

Whatever you think about his tactics, I'm glad we have a manager who carries himself really well. Loved the instant "no" when asked about a day off.

Part of my faith in him, isn’t just knowing how to get results, he’s shown real leadership, when the heat’s been on and it’s been some heat. He’s never shirked or shrunk in the adversity or limits.

He’s fronted this club during its worst ever period in its history, those who should have fronted at the club have hid behind him, where’s the owner, chairman, where is anyone at the club.

Hes taken it all, with rocks thrown at him by many, never moaned, never criticised and he knows he’s not loved by all.

Thats what we need here, we dont need anymore snake charmers, sucking up and spitting out media training quotes.

We need real, we need authenticity, we need him and his leadership, not just on the pitch, but the club needs a leader. Hes providing all the strength and resilience at the club and fronting it all, way beyond his role and hasn’t moaned once.

He got it right tonight and we did a job on them but let’s not just completely forgot how awful we’ve been for 4 months. It’s a season not a game.
Thats it is far give him praise when the team has performed but has been rightly questioned this season. Still has to convince me if he is the best long term for us but well hopefully is a massive step tonight then carry on to the game on sat. Then we can look forward to next season and see what he does

Part of my faith in him, isn’t just knowing how to get results, he’s shown real leadership, when the heat’s been on and it’s been some heat. He’s never shirked or shrunk in the adversity or limits.

He’s fronted this club during its worst ever period in its history, those who should have fronted at the club have hid behind him, where’s the owner, chairman, where is anyone at the club.

Hes taken it all, with rocks thrown at him by many, never moaned, never criticised and he knows he’s not loved by all.

Thats what we need here, we dont need anymore snake charmers, sucking up and spitting out media training quotes.

We need real, we need authenticity, we need him and his leadership, not just on the pitch, but the club needs a leader. Hes providing all the strength and resilience at the club and fronting it all, way beyond his role and hasn’t moaned once.

Only leader the club has at the moment

Why can’t he be real and show leadership after poor results? Instead he comes out with spin and deflect such as that messiah crap. It’s easy to mouth off after a win. It’s what I didn’t like about Allardyce.

Each to their own opinions, if people sincerely want him here long term then fine , that’s their view. Personally I don’t think he’s the answer long term from what I’ve seen here and at Burnley .

And again rather than enjoying a good result people get carried away , wanting long term rewards for short term gains, players and managers. That’s played a part in what the club is today.

I'm having a nice slice of humble pie right now! Credit where credit is due Dyche gave the doubters their answer tonight.

I still think he's not the right man long-term wise for us, but himself and the team really did produce the goods tonight.