2023/24 Sean Dyche

3 wins in 4, 10 points from 15, sees off nearest relegation rivals, sees off the RS.

Tell me again about his non win % in a certain segment of the season or how the Luton game was unacceptable again

Well, I would, but:

If you’re still banging on about the manager who’s just delivered the first home derby win in 14 years, give your head a wobble and take the night off.

Pat my head a bit more superior fanmingo.

I think it's obvious now that he handled the fallout from the Chelsea game really well. He flipped it back to the players and basically asked them are they going to just throw another manager under the bus and throw away all this seasons progress. It worked.

He's not perfect but he's worked miracles this season, all things considered. It would be insane to sack him any time soon.

Why do you praise him for our victories but never criticise for defeats? Don’t you want to be a well-rounded person?

Considering the majority of the forum piles into him, even when he’s winning games, wtf is gained by me pointing out how crap he was losing 6-0 to Chelsea?

Eventually you can’t really get past the fact that ‘supporting’ your team tends to mean you look for the good and try and emphasise that, even when everything else is going wrong at the club. If people continuously want to find and point out everything wrong at Everton there’s more than enough to go at, in fact there’s so much that it becomes a bit pointless.

3 wins in 4, 10 points from 15, sees off nearest relegation rivals, sees off the RS.

Tell me again about his non win % in a certain segment of the season or how the Luton game was unacceptable again
Ok mate:

We didn’t win a football match in the equivalent of half a Premier League season, and lost twice at home to a pretty rotten Luton Town.

Credit where it’s due - I can’t stick the guy or his crap football, but he’s earned us enough points to be safe already, and it’s looking likely he’ll finish the job even with the deduction. That’s legitimate progress. Being a slightly taller dwarf than Benitez and Lampard doesn’t make him the right man for the job, though.

With that said, a good end to the season and he’s likely earned his crack at next season. Fair play to the fella.