2023/24 Sean Dyche

He’s making a few PR missteps. Branthwaite and set pieces are the only 2 highlights of the season. Repeatedly tells us he doesn’t over coach JB and now keeps saying he has nothing to do with set pieces.

His manner means he will always be bullish after victory and really annoying after losses. He can afford to be a little more human and less scripted I think. I’m told he is a genuinely warm and welcoming bloke by people who have spent time with him socially.

Needs to be careful not to crawl too far up the table or the “not winning properly shouts” will start.
One of the best defences in the league,, but 'Oh Marge.. if it wan't for Branflake...'

losing games is fine, no one expects wins all the time, its the manner of how you play and the manner of the defeats thats important

look at liverpool, one of the best run clubs with one of the best managers in the world and some of the best players in the world and they just lost 2 games in a row to atalanta and palace. even the best teams in the world lose games every now and then.

when you don't win a league game in 14 attempts or whatever and the football style is absolute crap then thats when you are going to face valid criticism
tonight is all we want

just put in the effort

So, today's win puts us on 10 wins this season already and we still have to play brentford, luton and sheffield united

some people will remember that the first 3 seasons the premier league actually had 22 teams and clubs would play 42 games per season

in 92/93 palace and middlesbrough both got relegated with 11 wins
in 94/95 palace got relegated with 11 wins

after 94/95 the league changed and only 20 teams competed

since then no club has ever got relegated from the prem with 11 wins

96/97 both middlesbrough and sunderland got relegated with 10 wins
97/98 barnsley got relegated with 10 wins
02/03 west ham got relegated with 10 wins
06/07 sheffield united got relegated with 10 wins
07/08 reading got relegated with 10 wins
10/11 blackpool got relegated with 10 wins
11/12 bolton got relegated with 10 wins
18/19 cardiff city got relegated with 10 wins

even though we have had 8 points deducted, one more win should secure safety with 11 wins

if we do go down with 11 wins then at least we have created history by becoming the first club to get relegated with 11 wins in a 38 game format

if we go down with 12 wins then we are cursed
11 wins now

no team has ever been relegated from the premier league with 11 wins in a 38 game format

This season has been a miserable mess, but I will say Sean Dyche has kept going and absolutely battled this season when most managers would capitulate, nothing but respect to him & he’s got us 8 points clear with two point deductions. I’m not sure he’s the manager for the long term future, but we needed someone to keep us up and he’s nearly got us there, a point should do it, a win on Saturday and we can start to relax until August.

A Derby win.
Well in Sean
Means a lot to me as a dad.
Means more to my 15 year old son going into school tomorrow

Evertonians have a bit more bollocks when we win, about time he gets to have a day like that

Buzzing for Dyche, he really doesn't know how much that can galvanise a fanbase
My 15yo is off on a round of golf wearing his Everton shirt with pride. It’s good for the younger ones to taste such a sweet victory

I don’t think he is the guy. But he did the job. I’m massively disappointed with the downed heads for that long stretch but we survived and already took our punishments. Just avoid administration and 777 and we will be gucci