2023/24 Sean Dyche

Right its time for a few bedwetters and dreamers to start repenting.

blueboy72
Daytripper
Hinchcliffe's Corner
Kevin The Rat

I'll let nsno chris off as he appears to have dropped his sword and acknowledged Sean Dyches greatness.
You won’t let anyone off because you’re not even man enough to tag people in you raging homunculus.

Jan 17th-April 6th - Don't think I need to mention the record. Look, it was a good win but I can't let it lie...too much OTT in here ATM.

Perspective, please. I know you locals get a lot of grief from those morons but they can eat a bag of proverbials.
You need to stick with a manager at some point so you'll need to get over that record. We had some important draws in that winless run against Spurs and Villa.

Look at the big picture

Not even the fact that it was a derby but that was the best performance of the season. We did everything we do right from the kick off. Defended excellently as we have for the large majority but in attack we pressed well and made sure we won our first and second balls. The amount of 50/50 duels we succeeded in was wonderful to watch and something I think we all hope and want even if we don't get the right result in the end. It was scrappy and we were under pressure at times but we dealt with it, whether it was our defence making excellent blocks, interceptions or challenges or Pickford being the superb shot stopper that he is. Very proud of the team last night in a game nobody expected us to get 3 points in. Happy for DCL too, that was the type of performance which we were used to him doing under Ancelotti and why many of us thought he could go on to be a very good and well respected PL striker.

I think it's quite key for us to hold onto Gueye and Branthwaite for another year. Those two give us so much. One for the experience and calmness they bring to the midfield that elevates everyone slightly and the other for their monstrous potential and bright spark in the side. Lose one and it's going to be hard to replace and if we lose both it will be a disaster.

It’s a been a while since I’ve woken up, proud of a derby win. So well done Sean

Now you can make a part 2 to your masterclass in the summer when looking for a new club.

Cheers gaffer
Ye let's bin the lad who has us on 41 pts with 4 games to go with this squad. Not to mention a first goodison derby win in 14 years

Deserve everything we get after that

I'm going to try and stay as consistent as I can. I can defend not winning games if the performance levels are there. There have been times this season (far more than average) when we've played well enough but not got our rewards for it and I've been on here defending Dyche because of it, with the usual culprits giving the laughing emojis.

That winless run we had started out in the same vein, but towards the end of it the performance levels had disappeared and that was really worrying. Even the win against Burnley was a poor performance and we followed it up with that night at Chelsea.

I remain worried about that because I think performances are your best indicator about the direction the team is headed in.

Having said that, the last couple of games have been a welcome upturn both in results and performances. The really pleasing thing for me is also the character in those two games. A relegation 6 pointer followed by a Merseyside derby.

My (completely arbitrary) target before the season started was 45 points. That would have represented a 25% improvement on last seasons return and, as things stand, we have a reasonable chance of reaching that figure.

He was getting another season whether anyone liked it or not, but I think it's fair to say that there's enough of an argument that he deserves it.