Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mentioned in another thread... it was only a few weeks ago we were looking at this derby as having the potential to hand them the title and relegate us if they won.

I'm now looking at it as an opportunity for us to almost guarantee our survival and fully derailing their title challenge.

How times change.

#Oracle

Wow….I can add nowt more to what has already been said.

My voice is still croaky and my ears are still ringing such were the decibels from the very kick off last night.

At times, most of the times really, this club just wears you down and makes you miserable.

You wonder why you bother with it all.

Then they turn round and do something like that and you realise how special our grand old team is and why we will love it until our dying day,

UTFT
Summed up perfectly

We picked a great night to put in our best performance of the season.

Can't fault anyone last night - maximum desire and effort from all who were involved and we got our reward. We frustrated them at every opportunity and in the end they ran out of ideas... I certainly wouldn't say it was comfortable, but we rode out the possession/pressure they had in patches and kept them at arms length otherwise.

I thought they were very naive. Anyone with half a footballing brain would have known we'd look to try and not let them get into any rhythm and make the most of any set pieces we got. They were giving away (or, we were winning) lots of silly fouls and a simple block on Van Dijk and they were really struggling to get to grips with it. We nullified Salah (he's dropped off a cliff hasn't he?) and didn't allow Van Dijk to dominate the box... without those 2 firing they look pretty ordinary.
And, it should be said, for someone who has (justifiably) received a lot of criticism over the season for his abject performances, last night Young put in a composed, disciplined, performance in the second half. Credit where credit is due...

How bitter was Virgil in his interview?! Already down in his mind. Hes the captain, he should be getting his players going! His new potential manager, Arse Slot wont be very happy with that mentality!
He's an utter narcissist - never to blame always looking everywhere for a scapegoat when things go pear shaped.
Just like his manager

Had to check my phone this morning that last night actually happened 😂

Derby wins feel so good... will be on a high for a good while and feels like a lot of weight off he shoulders Everton wise

Keep it up and finish it on Saturday blues!