2023/24 Sean Dyche

Hope Duality and Goat can sleep well tonight.

Of course it doesn't make up for all that happened in 2024 so far, but balm for the soul.

@DualityNSNO @Goat tag them in you coward.
lol

Can't wait to see this level of performance from both the players and manager (preparation, etc.) for nearly every game going forward, which is definitely happening.

The streets remember no win in 4 months.

HOWEVER, what a turn of events, I still can't believe everything clicked for this specific fixture like never before lol I still dislike Dyche as honestly most people here obviously know, and I still don't want him here, but what a win, I ain't gonna take it away from anyone. Celebration time anyway, Blues :)

I'm going to try and stay as consistent as I can. I can defend not winning games if the performance levels are there. There have been times this season (far more than average) when we've played well enough but not got our rewards for it and I've been on here defending Dyche because of it, with the usual culprits giving the laughing emojis.

That winless run we had started out in the same vein, but towards the end of it the performance levels had disappeared and that was really worrying. Even the win against Burnley was a poor performance and we followed it up with that night at Chelsea.

I remain worried about that because I think performances are your best indicator about the direction the team is headed in.

Having said that, the last couple of games have been a welcome upturn both in results and performances. The really pleasing thing for me is also the character in those two games. A relegation 6 pointer followed by a Merseyside derby.

My (completely arbitrary) target before the season started was 45 points. That would have represented a 25% improvement on last seasons return and, as things stand, we have a reasonable chance of reaching that figure.

He was getting another season whether anyone liked it or not, but I think it's fair to say that there's enough of an argument that he deserves it.
After two seasons in a row when we went down to the very last games deep in trouble, I`d say he`s earned a bit more time to see how far he can improve the clubs position in the league. No points deductions and we`d be comfortably mid table and instead of worrying about relegation we`d be moaning about not being able to grab a European place, which is a huge step forward from the days of Wafa and Super Frank.

The Liverpool love-in from the media is nauseating - good to bring them back down to earth this morning.

There are some games to go but (points deductions aside) we are in and around Brighton (who get so much praise), above Luton (who get so much praise) - doesn't Dyche deserve some credit given the mess around him ?

The winless streak alarmed me too - I think back to Moyes 2nd full season where he had us 17th - the important thing was the response and he had us 7th the following season. Moyes seems to be the last manager we've given any time and we got benefit from that - can we give Dyche another season ?

I'll let myself get carried away with the win today.

I myself ain't a fan of the football we play at times and it was a chore going the game for a good portion of the season but he has more than earned himself another year, that yesterday solidified it. Give me a mid table finish next season and maybe a decent cup run. I don't see us attracting a much better manager at the moment.

I myself ain't a fan of the football we play at times and it was a chore going the game for a good portion of the season but he has more than earned himself another year, that yesterday solidified it. Give me a mid table finish next season and maybe a decent cup run. I don't see us attracting a much better manager at the moment.
Was better than Burnely win. If we can maintain that standard of play last night, Dyche has a future at Bramley Dock... Its obvious most players are buying into his version of football as more and more not just his stalwarts are begining to use his idioms in interviews. They are being assimilated as we type.

Just caught Dyche on Talksport. Emphasised importance of fans last night. Declared Dwight McN could be in the England set-up one day.
He sounded his usual self i.e. voice like sandpaper.

You need to stick with a manager at some point so you'll need to get over that record. We had some important draws in that winless run against Spurs and Villa.

Look at the big picture
The bedwetters can never see the big picture. Just give up, accept that sheets will need to be changed regularly and buy some shares in Tena so you can reep some benefits from it.

He got it spot on last night, our only chance was to out muscle Liverpool and that is exactly what we did. The problem now is that it is impossible to play like the that for a sustained period, the players just can't do that amount of running around without the ball. I hope we can manage a similarly energetic performance on Saturday and that we achieve an similar result. It would be lovely to pish on skys parade with their, 'relegation decider' at Luton, by going there already safe.

I'm no great admire of Dyche, but, what I always say about him is, you can put up with the football when he is getting results. Depending on our off then field position in then summer I think h may well get next season as well, but, I really hope we start a complete new era when we to to the new ground, new board, new owner and new manager

He got it spot on last night, our only chance was to out muscle Liverpool and that is exactly what we did. The problem now is that it is impossible to play like the that for a sustained period, the players just can't do that amount of running around without the ball. I hope we can manage a similarly energetic performance on Saturday and that we achieve an similar result. It would be lovely to pish on skys parade with their, 'relegation decider' at Luton, by going there already safe.

I'm no great admire of Dyche, but, what I always say about him is, you can put up with the football when he is getting results. Depending on our off then field position in then summer I think h may well get next season as well, but, I really hope we start a complete new era when we to to the new ground, new board, new owner and new manager
In a way he would probably be victim of any relative success - if the club stabilises financially and we are comfortable in mid-table.

Still, he'll have done a good job to get us there.

Not a fan of that tbh. You did your job last night. Just let that speak. Really good managers havent done this sort of thing down the years.
Im splitting hairs but nope. Not for me.

Well, in a season when the club has been pilloried and punished I'm glad Dyche is doing the rounds today underlining that we're still here and part of the top tier of football in this country despite the best efforts of the English football elite. If that comes wrapped in a bit of grandstanding for himself, so be it.