2023/24 Sean Dyche

No point pointing fingers at fans after a great win, or a terrible defeat.

There wasn't a single blue that wasn't concerned after that awful run - but we've got to do our best to keep context.

With 4 games to go - points won on the pitch;

2022/23 - 29 Points/19th
2023/24 - 41 points/14th

Ultimately this. It’s a good improvement given the context of where the club is and that’s with us leaving a good few points out there in my opinion.

Ultimately this. It’s a good improvement given the context of where the club is and that’s with us leaving a good few points out there in my opinion.
Literally you last night though pointing fingers at fans:

If you’re still banging on about the manager who’s just delivered the first home derby win in 14 years, give your head a wobble and take the night off.

And it was done without Richarlison. I don't think there is any doubt that Dyche has been a massive, necessary upgrade on Lampard. That was clear from early on. But that winless run coming on top of the uncertainty and unfairness of the deductions was terrifying. Strangely enough, if only we had held on against Brighton and West Ham it would have looked completely different - but we didn't and we had to suffer as a result. Any questions about the manager are wrong-headed in my opinion. The issue is at board level. Until that is sorted out, people are looking in the wrong place for necessary improvement.

No point pointing fingers at fans after a great win, or a terrible defeat.

There wasn't a single blue that wasn't concerned after that awful run - but we've got to do our best to keep context.

With 4 games to go - points won on the pitch;

2022/23 - 29 Points/19th
2023/24 - 41 points/14th
This is a fact and while its an improvement that still keeps us as relegation fodder under this fella.

Now (end of the season) is the perfect time to part ways and get someone in who can move us away from achieving 40 points +-5 points.

Last night was great but lets not forget what weve had to endure for 80% of season against some of the poorest teams this league has seen.

What i wouldn't give to swap the boredom of last night for holding on to the lead at Brighton and so not having gone 15 games without a win. Football is such a cruel game.

This is a fact and while its an improvement that still keeps us as relegation fodder under this fella.

Now (end of the season) is the perfect time to part ways and get someone in who can move us away from achieving 40 points +-5 points.

Last night was great but lets not forget what weve had to endure for 80% of season against some of the poorest teams this league has seen.

Who do you reckon we can get that’ll do that?

Bearing in mind we’ve got no money to spend and the club are in the middle of a takeover, plus we’d have to pay Dyche and his staff off to leave.

I’m not his biggest fan at all and there have been times this season I’ve wanted him gone, but he has improved us and it’s with pretty much the same players we’ve had for the last 3 seasons, minus Richarlison and Gordon.

If it wasn’t for the 8 point deduction (which he had nothing to do with), we would be 14th with 4 games to potentially finish closer to 10th. I think he has done enough to deserve another season, especially as I don’t see any good manager wanting to come to us at the minute.

This team is that, mate. 3 years have shown it. Make no mistake - this teams objective next season is to stay up. There's not the goals in it.

Only when we improve the players in the final third do we kick on. Small margins.

Can I ask why you think ANY manager should be getting us above that sort of standard currently?

I can make pro and anti Dyche arguments and that winless run, particularly the back end of it, was a huge worry but I think the thing I'd have an issue with is the assumption that we *should* be well above the bottom third of the league. No money, chaos off the pitch, no board of directors, sell to survive etc etc. My only ask at the moment is that we survive this precarious stage of our history. I find the argument that we should be expecting more baffling tbh