2023/24 Sean Dyche

And it was done without Richarlison. I don't think there is any doubt that Dyche has been a massive, necessary upgrade on Lampard. That was clear from early on. But that winless run coming on top of the uncertainty and unfairness of the deductions was terrifying. Strangely enough, if only we had held on against Brighton and West Ham it would have looked completely different - but we didn't and we had to suffer as a result. Any questions about the manager are wrong-headed in my opinion. The issue is at board level. Until that is sorted out, people are looking in the wrong place for necessary improvement.

100% board level.

There's contracts and budgets that need sorting out for next season that I'm sure hinders any plans Dyche or Thelwell have.

I mean...Gana should get an extension but there's no hint of discussions because we don't have an owner to sign anything off

Lads just a reminder weve just gone 3 months without winning a game of togger under this fella.
Watching the worst type of football this great club has ever seen.

Last nights great win and performance will not erase that from my memory.
This has got to be a joke. Some of you must either be older than Methuselah or just out of nappies the way you go on about the football I started going 30 years ago and the football we've played this season is the sort of football we've played for at least half that time if you ask most neutrals of my age I'd bet a lot of money they'd say that last night is exactly what they associate with Everton.

Ultimately this. It’s a good improvement given the context of where the club is and that’s with us leaving a good few points out there in my opinion.

Dyche has imposed his method - whether you like that method or not - and it's effective. He hands us a way of approaching games and he sticks to it with very little deviation. Players know what they have to do. If we chance on another attacking player who can offer us something in and around the box he can take us maybe into the top half of the table.

Regardless of who comes in and goes this summer though, he'll impose his system on his team and we all know what we can expect. No surprises. And there's a comfort in that for fans of a club who have suffered massive churn in the dugout. While we're in our financial position we cant do without him.

….a magnificent job.
He's gone up a couple of notches in my estimation of him Eggs. Not as high as yours, but he's given me a memory last night that I will cherish for a long time. Terrific management the last week since that horrible Chelsea result, to follow that with 2 massive results he has to be given a lot of credit.

Who do you reckon we can get that’ll do that?

Bearing in mind we’ve got no money to spend and the club are in the middle of a takeover, plus we’d have to pay Dyche and his staff off to leave.

I’m not his biggest fan at all and there have been times this season I’ve wanted him gone, but he has improved us and it’s with pretty much the same players we’ve had for the last 3 seasons, minus Richarlison and Gordon.

If it wasn’t for the 8 point deduction (which he had nothing to do with), we would be 14th with 4 games to potentially finish closer to 10th. I think he has done enough to deserve another season, especially as I don’t see any good manager wanting to come to us at the minute.
Honestly i dont know mate, but my eyes have been bleeding watching us this season apart from a handful of games.

I know its easy to get carried away with a great result, but this fella keeps us in and around relegation, his last 10 years of managing us and Burnley tells us that.

He's gone up a couple of notches in my estimation of him Eggs. Not as high as yours, but he's given me a memory last night that I will cherish for a long time. Terrific management the last week since that horrible Chelsea result, to follow that with 2 massive results he has to be given a lot of credit.

…terrific open-minded post, I might be able to open ‘that thread’ in the next week or so for an informed discussion.

Literally you last night though pointing fingers at fans:

In response to a strange group of posters who can’t even seemingly enjoy a Derby win without having a dig at the manager.

I mean we’re all supposed to be on the same side here, surely whatever the long term views or opinions on the manager we can all enjoy the first home derby win in 14 years? Surely?!

lol

Can't wait to see this level of performance from both the players and manager (preparation, etc.) for nearly every game going forward, which is definitely happening.

The streets remember no win in 4 months.

HOWEVER, what a turn of events, I still can't believe everything clicked for this specific fixture like never before lol I still dislike Dyche as honestly most people here obviously know, and I still don't want him here, but what a win, I ain't gonna take it away from anyone. Celebration time anyway, Blues
I said that too, you cannot forget everything now what happend in the last 4 months. Lost patience against Bournemouth, but he sorted out to win 2 survival win + a derby win since then, so made it quite up to avoid an immediate sacking. Also these have been home wins.

I can understand, and this flaw is not to sugarcoat, despite he delievered the results overall in the season, football bleeds the eye at times this is also true, as much as some ingame-managment.

It's nothing but fair. Needs credit for games like yesterday and to sort out after Chelsea, but also deserves critics like in our last Brighton away game.

This team is that, mate. 3 years have shown it. Make no mistake - this teams objective next season is to stay up. There's not the goals in it.

Only when we improve the players in the final third do we kick on. Small margins.
I dont disagree we need to improve the players, but his style of playing is the reason why DCL Mcneil Harrison Doucoure have not been scoring or are out of form.

How can these players get form when we dont have the ball longer than 5 passes (The style implemented by the manager) then its get in shape and defend for your life.

In response to a strange group of posters who can’t even seemingly enjoy a Derby win without having a dig at the manager.

I mean we’re all supposed to be on the same side here, surely whatever the long term views or opinions on the manager we can all enjoy the first home derby win in 14 years? Surely?!
We can enjoy it but you seem to enjoy digging at fellow fans and then hypocritically licking the site owner's arsehole the first chance you could.

Dyche has faults and they should still be discussed, the last 4 months have been a disgrace from top to bottom for our club and Dyche rightfully takes some of that blame.

Edit: as posted above, he's given us all a wonderful memory from last night and a huge result as well as the Forest game and he should equally be congratulated for a huge turn around in mental belief in the squad after that hammering last week.

Yes that’s right we are all on the same side here . So what’s with the bedwetters shouts from people and why is it a few can’t help themselves in having a go at others for not being a fan of this guy whenever we get a result?
It works both ways.

It was the same with Benitez on here , more arsed about goading people than enjoying the result