2023/24 Sean Dyche

Fear of losing/protect the point and the pressure of a relegation scrap is big. A lot of that was piled on for 4 months with a 10 point deduction - you only have to listen to Nuno/Forest cry arsing over a 4 point appeal causing chaos behind the scenes there.

I think we'll see more freedom and players who havent got the weight of the world on their shoulders.

Last night felt like a free hit without that pressure/expectation and the players seemed to thrive on it.
It affects like every normal employee as well. I mean you wouldn‘t go to work if your company is rumored to lose its licence or needs to sack people for financial reasons, without having fear of your job and work like nothing happened. Players haven‘t really the financial sorrows as most of us would have, but still the insecurity of what happens with their career and the club.

That's a wild claim. Doucoure, McNeil and DCL haven't scored goals for anyone for an age. Infact they are all playing their best football for years under dyche
I dont disagree we need to improve the players, but his style of playing is the reason why DCL Mcneil Harrison Doucoure have not been scoring or are out of form.

How can these players get form when we dont have the ball longer than 5 passes (The style implemented by the manager) then its get in shape and defend for your life.

Buzzing off last night, the tempo we set, the fight we showed etc!

But.......................................... i was massively surprised by how Liverpool played into our hands! I'm not sure if Klopp just thought they would be beter on the ball, but his team selection (in hindsight) was daft!

Not having a 'battler' in midfield like Endo was a mistake, the 3 'passers' couldn't handle the pace! TAA would of been better suited in there, throwing Gomez in at right back would of helped too with the areal bombardment!

Also, the amount of silly free kicks they gave away was suicide! Over our 15 game 'run' teams had learned not to give silly fouls away!
I think the ref actually did really and was fair for once.

Other refs have let them kick us and blown up if we breathed on them, but we got free kicks from their constant fouling and they didn't know what to do after that, their game plan out the window.

I'm not going to change my opinion based on one brilliant result - just as I'm sure his admirers were undaunted by Chelsea - but credit where it's due. That was as enjoyable a night as I can remember.
It‘s the combination of both. Deserves a bit of the credit back for also winning games having the knife in the back vs Burnley and Nottingham.

For me a win vs those 2 was were a higher priority in the current situation. LFC win was like balm for the soul.

I'm no fan of Dyche and for me he is just a bridge Manager until we get ownership and PSR issues resolved.

I can't see them being resolved in the summer so next season will be even harder to survive from relegation but he is the right man for the job.
Agree with this. We're a club in a mess and he's a safe pair of hands to keep us in the top division while we try and get out of the mess off the field.

We can enjoy it but you seem to enjoy digging at fellow fans and then hypocritically licking the site owner's arsehole the first chance you could.

Dyche has faults and they should still be discussed, the last 4 months have been a disgrace from top to bottom for our club and Dyche rightfully takes some of that blame.

Edit: as posted above, he's given us all a wonderful memory from last night and a huge result as well as the Forest game and he should equally be congratulated for a huge turn around in mental belief in the squad after that hammering last week.

Enjoy digging at fans?

His critics have absolutely piled in on Dyche let’s have that straight. Even before he joined there were fans who didn’t want him. It’s been absolutely relentless all season, games when we played well but didn’t win early on he was getting slaughtered, games when we didn’t play well but did win he was slaughtered. The abuse he took after Luton Chelsea and in the midst of that winless run was something else. The amount of times I got tagged in posts after we’d lost asking me where ‘my’ messiah/manager/idol etc. had gone, and for what reason? because I had the temerity to think Dyche was doing a decent job under the circumstances he has been given?

So yeah considering his detractors have gleefully run amok calling him everything under the sun for months, I’m not particularly sorry for bigging him up and calling some of them out on a night when he’s just put in our best home derby performance for 14 years.

This forum makes it feel like an absolute crime at times to back Everton managers through periods of bad results. Dyche is no one’s dream long term manager but saying that the improvement from last season is noticeable and he might be our best option in current circumstances makes you a fan boy or acolyte? Ultimately the match going fans have stayed behind Dyche, and I’m certain if there was a survey of Everton fans more than most would be appreciative of the job Dyche has done.

I’m really conflicted, can’t abide suit dyche, getting the feels for tracky dyche.

Fair play to the fella for helping drive those players to last nights result, and for the points we should have had on the board without the corrupt PL taking the pee, but we’ve had some awful displays under him and the winless run was really concerning. He also seems to absolve himself of any blame when things go wrong, but takes lots of credit when we get it right - another thing I am not a fan of.

Considering the basket case of a club and situation he found himself in, we have to give him credit, even begrudgingly so, as it’s a decent job he’s done under the insane circumstances.

If he could turn an ounce of consistency out of these players, and try to play a little more joined up footy with a little more tactically flexibility, I’d be fine, but sadly, I have my doubts long term.

More nights and performances like yesterday and I’ll pipe down.

I'm not going to change my opinion based on one brilliant result - just as I'm sure his admirers were undaunted by Chelsea - but credit where it's due. That was as enjoyable a night as I can remember.
I agree with this sort of opinion.

I think if you look at it from a point of view from what Everton will do though! (whoever's in charge) They aint paying to get rid of a manager who just won a derby!
Plus he could realistically get another 9 points between now and the end of the season, which would be 50 points without deductions!

In our current state, he's pretty much unteachable!