2023/24 Idrissa Gueye

Shame he didn't rifle that chance away 2nd half, for a fleeting moment Doucoure turned into Maradonna and took everyone on lol

….funny when the shackles are off, players start passing to Everton players (except maybe Doucoure lol ). I thought Gueye was magnificent last night, one he even controlled in our box and brought it out, he thrived on the situation.

Let’s face it, we’re going into next season without Onana and Gomes so he absolutely must stay. His recent upturn in form has been incredibly welcome.

That's the thing I keep saying. Think it's certain those two are off so bit bemused people want rid of Gana and also Doucs aswell. Yes we know their limitations. Yes we know it's generally a horrible era for the club (which makes great wins like last night stand out even more) but I'm not sure getting rid of 4 CMs all in one go with the FFP/financial issues is a great idea when other areas of the side need more urgent work.

Dyche plays Gana and Doucs pretty much every important game they're fully fit for so that tells you all you need to know so they'll be here in September and then re-assess in January when they both have six months left.

….funny when the shackles are off, players start passing to Everton players (except maybe Doucoure lol ). I thought Gueye was magnificent last night, one he even controlled in our box and brought it out, he thrived on the situation.

He's had 2 absolutely gigantic performances that were so needed. When we needed the players to stand up and start winning their individual battles, they rose to occasion.

I wonder if it would, he is a very wealthy young man, perhaps he would relish the chance of one more year at this level.

he's a footballer and he'll get to live in anti rainbow paradise. if they come in i'm sure he'll be off

absolutely class last night btw, was surprised to see him get subbed when we were defending a lead and harrison was absolutely gone

Deffo extend for a year, and get rid of Doucoure and that absolutely ridiculous salary.

Doucoure, Gomes Alli, Keane get gone and save about £400k a week. Wage bill deceased unbelievably.

I always think it's good to give a player you generally don't rate credit where it's due, although it's easier with Gana because I quite like how he comes across off the pitch.

The first half an hour was very important last night, and he was a major reason why Liverpool got off to a bad start.