Match Thread Everton 2-0 Liverpool - Chat, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a day, let’s have it right, it was probably a game most of us wrote off or thought of as a free hit. I was with my Dad and his cousin and my cousin in the Oak before the game and my Dad said ‘I’ve never been to a derby at Goodison we haven’t won’, baring in mind he is now 67 and has probably been going for 50 years. I laughed it off and went ‘salah, Diaz, Nunez’, just too good them. I honestly thought it would be about 4 to them.

However, from the kick off you could see we were at it. The atmosphere definitely helped, I am hoarse today like London yesterday, forty thousand fans screaming, you could tell Liverpool looked shocked, yes they get their Anfield crowd, but what they don’t have support like ours, of their 60k, 30k are corporate and most wouldn’t raise their voice in fear of being reprimanded by their peers. I had jammily managed to get a seat in the upper bullens, straight after the Chelsea game I went on and got a ticket for Forest and clicked on Liverpool and there was one ticket there, I took it straight away. It was a good seat to be fair and what made it better is I could tell I was sat next to a Liverpool fan. He was with someone, a family member or friend but I could tell with his body language, not celebrating the goals etc, I picked up on it quickly. I therefore made a point of launching myself ontop of him when DCL scored and grabbing him around the waist. LOL.

Anyway, I was more nervous for the Forest game than this. The way I looked at it was ‘let them have it, it will be given to them by the ref anyway so’, however, that was the first Derby game in a long time where I thought the ref did really, really well. He let some tackles go but also wasn’t card happy, I’m talking about Liverpool here aswell. Red cards just ruin games but he was a good ref and can’t fault him. Was very surprised to see 5 minutes in this day and age aswell. I half expected to see 10, I think once 5 went up Liverpool knew it was over.

I left the ground singing at the top of my voice, I visited the Melrose for a pint, then train back to Ormskirk and had a pint in the railway, then a kebab and home. Made all the more better by walking into a Liverpool season ticket holder wife, and my new baby who she had posted a picture up on Instagram dressed in a Liverpool kit with ‘his first Derby’ on. I quickly edited this to a blue Everton kit and got it in Instagram myself.

I’m not even that bothered it was Liverpool, it’s the points for me, we have played better at Goodison this season and lost. We deserved that last night. Pickford was good, DCL great, you know what everyone put a shift in, but Braithwaite, this guy, is incredible. Him and Tarky, both of them in my eyes in the best centre back pairing we have had in donkeys years.

Breathe it all in fellas. We need to go again against a decent Brentford team on sat! But for now sit back and relax. We just won a derby for Christ sake.
Tory.