2023/24 Sean Dyche

….some posters think Patterson is Carlos Alberto but he doesn’t play for a reason. The fact Mykolenko hasn’t an assist to his name in his time here isn’t because he’s been restricted under various managers. Those who watched Dobbin coming through the Academy know he’s not a ‘winger’, I’d have used him more off the bench in the Doucoure role but we all have our different views on selection.

Remember folk saying Dyche wouldn’t play Branthwaite over Keane. Utter nonsense. He’ll use quality if he has it. What he’s done is formulate an effective system with the players he has at his disposal, let’s hope he has more attacking ammunition next season.
No they don’t. They just think he is better and with actual scope to improve than the other garbage we have been playing at RB all season.

My own personal view is if you "love" something then everything else is just white noise. If your wife "cares" about what you earn annually, then does she really love you?
You might live a beatnik lifestyle in 1960s Greenwich Village, supported entirely by your uptown heiress wife’s allowance, but the rest of us with mortgages or rent to pay find that our spouses do care that we help keep the roof over our heads.

Some like pigeon-holing Dyche as a relic from the past and it's in large part due to his appearance and personal characteristics; if he was from South America or mainland Europe there would definitely be a different perception.

Fact of the matter is he gets results and I'd say the last two games shows that he hasn't lost the dressing room at all - which some were worried about given the stuff re Patto and downturn of form.

On to his playstyle - I know for a fact at Burnley it wasn't all 20% posession (overrated/misleading stat anyway) and when we were at our best we zipped the ball about on the deck and pressed relentlessly... I've posted this on here before, Klopp gets credit for bringing intense pressing marketed up as 'geggenpressing' or 'heavy metal football' but when Dychey first came to Burnley we blitzed the Champ (with some pretty average players in large parts of the team) with our relentless pressing and zipping the ball about the park at pace.

I will say that when his back is really up against the wall, injuries, downturn of form etc he does have a tendency to sort of go right back to basics and formulate a really basic gameplan/playing style - that is one critique I do have of him but he obviously believes that if his team is doing enough of X for Y amount of time then he will get Z amount of results which is enough to get over the line.

I can understand the frustration shared from large swathes of fans with the downturn in form an 14/15 matches without a win but crikey I do think the Everton job is one of, if not the hardest in English football at this moment in time.

Again, some of the shouts/comps for managers from the Championship that hasn't anywhere near what Dyche has done seems a little strange... Just for a quick comp look at what he's done with this side vs Lampard, even after losing Richarlison, Gordon and a few others, with the squad also 2 years older. That in itself speaks volumes to me.
What do you know? You only watched his sides for years at Burnley..

Will he go for that type of player ??
Will he buy them, if he had the money,
2 pacy wingers with flair? Or 2 full backs who attack?? I doubt he does as he’s all about defence first.
There’s a reason he wasn’t head hunted in 10yrs at Burnley by successful and ambitious clubs
Tbh I think rather than Dyche not wanting to sign these types of players, the more likely scenario is that quality attacking players won't want to come here and play for Dyche or will be warned off it by their agents.

Fairly or unfairly it's clear to me that he has a certain reputation in the game.

People can be whatever they choose to be Marius, I am not the one who seems obsessed with "vaulting" other contributors opinions on any given topic to make some kind of irrelevant point.

My own personal view is if you "love" something then everything else is just white noise. If your wife "cares" about what you earn annually, then does she really love you?

Now use that example with football, if you care about what league EFC play in, do you really love/support the club ? Or is the love/support given on the basis of certain criteria.
That's right. Be proud of choosing 'wham chatting ferret'. Living your best life.

Dyche, then. Does the recent winless steak and subsequent recent results demonstrate the need for the long game? The season as a marathon not a sprint. It's an interesting question. I'm not sure I have an answer. I'm as guilty as the next man of being reactive here.

He has a better squad that what Lampard had last year.
And no disrespect to Burnley, but this is Everton we’re talking about. He was at Burnley 10yrs than sat twiddling his thumbs for 12 months after getting sacked. Why did no bigger clubs look to take him from Burnley ??
How do you know what he was/was not offered? It matters not now, as we have taken a punt on him, thankfully.

No they don’t. They just think he is better and with actual scope to improve than the other garbage we have been playing at RB all season.

…the fact we’ve got the 4th best defensive record in the league totally blows any selection argument out of the water. I’d love Patterson to be the answer but the truth is he’s a liability when he plays. I can actually see a new RB coming in this summer which pretty much tells us the situation.

Yeah I'm afraid I've got to disagree with the Eggster here brother

Most of us hardly think that Patterson is this underappreciated world class talent

We just see Young stinking up the joint all the time and wonder why we can't just give Patterson a bit of a run because he's got actual scope to improve, whilst the likes of Young, Godfrey and Coleman have all either peaked or are in decline

….some posters think Patterson is Carlos Alberto but he doesn’t play for a reason. The fact Mykolenko hasn’t an assist to his name in his time here isn’t because he’s been restricted under various managers. Those who watched Dobbin coming through the Academy know he’s not a ‘winger’, I’d have used him more off the bench in the Doucoure role but we all have our different views on selection.

Remember folk saying Dyche wouldn’t play Branthwaite over Keane. Utter nonsense. He’ll use quality if he has it. What he’s done is formulate an effective system with the players he has at his disposal, let’s hope he has more attacking ammunition next season.
Branthwaite is a superstar, it’s hardly a toss of a coin, him and Keane
Patterson isn’t a world beater , he’s raw and been unlucky with injuries, but as seen with Scotland and rangers he can offer something going forward, but dyche would rather play a technically limited CB ahead of him, I have no issues him playing Godfrey v Liverpool or city though

The palace game at home in the league was the game that told us all that dyche will never ever ever change, you can stay in denial for now if you like. But Palace were in a mess, 2 wins in 16 manager on the verge of the sack, has a heart attack. Their 4 best players missing and we haven’t won at home in 3 months and desperate for a win and dyche picks 8 defensive players. 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 and we get a late goal to nick a point.

Yeah I'm afraid I've got to disagree with the Eggster here brother

Most of us hardly think that Patterson is this underappreciated world class talent

We just see Young stinking up the joint all the time and wonder why we can't just give Patterson a bit of a run because he's got actual scope to improve, whilst the likes of Young, Godfrey and Coleman have all either peaked or are in decline
I wasn’t even arguing about dyches selection policy etc.

Was challenging the view that anyone who argues for Patterson thinks he is the best RB in the world that some posters keep trying to purport.