2023/24 Sean Dyche

Im VERY fickle, that wonderful game the other night clearly gives me pause.

Ive been up and down this season, but I did say I would make a final decision at the end of the season.

So far, I just dunno, Luton lives rent-free in my head, but we vanquished the devils own.

Lets see what the rest of the season brings, but that Big Red result will be hard to remove from my head for a long, long, long time.

So I dunno.
yea, I'm kinda here too.
But all the people bashing me on whatsapp groups telling me how great Dyche is, like he's the new Ancelotti certaintly arent helping.
I think it's reasonable to be appalled by the dreadful run and elated by the derby win.

If you look through the thread you'll definitely see me saying we should think about sacking him at one stage during the bad run

Not because I didn't like his style or because I think he's a bad manager

I just thought he'd taken us into a downward spiral that he wasn't going to be able to fix and maybe the players could have used a new voice

However, he's hunkered down and got them back on track again, so I can't really complain

Without the points deduction we'd be easily safe by now and he would be free to experiment more with bringing in some fringe players to give them a chance to stake a claim for next season

I think most of us would have happily taken being on 41 points before the end of April at the start of the season. Without the points deduction we'd've been comfortable all season and it would have been a marked improvement over recent campaigns

If he can do the same next season and we don't get skelped with another points deduction, then it could be one of the calmest season's we've had in yonks

Honestly I think I'd have more respect for Dyche if he said he looked at us and saw the absolute basket case we are and decided to try his hand simply based on that. It would show a level of foresight not seen at Everton for quite a while.

If I thought I could go and get a job where no matter how well or poorly I did I'd get my entire contract paid out and be free to move onto anything else without any professional ramifications I'd be all over it.
He would have known the state we were in. Christ, who didn't? However it was a superb opportunity for someone with a bit of nous to get us up the table though. He did say as much when he arrived, regarding, making minor changes. I just hope we kick on a bit next year, something like 8-12th would be ace.

Please lets not carried away by one win, be it even against the r/s we need to remember all the many games without a single win under Dyche and the fact how poor the teams around us have been, keeping us above them. I need to see a few more wins before making a decision about him.

yea, I'm kinda here too.
But all the people bashing me on whatsapp groups telling me how great Dyche is, like he's the new Ancelotti certaintly arent helping.
I think it's reasonable to be appalled by the dreadful run and elated by the derby win.
It is reasonable but I think we have to say its more than just the derby win as well. The 15 game run was bad and its fine for us to remember that but we have to balance it by saying that if we'd won say 2 games in that run then we'd be in the top half on points actually won and that would have been miles better than anybody would have predicted at the start of the season so overall hes done well.

Simon Jordan on TalkS**te said Sean Dyche is a decent manager for keeping sides up in the premier league and not for taking sides further up the table, think only once he took Burnley to a top half finish.

That's my point. You are guessing. You don't know, you're just making things up. Just my opinion like, but Birmingham and Derby are both bigger clubs than Burnley as well. So, before you laugh at 'lack of knowledge' it's always best to make sure your own arguments are pretty water tight and that you haven't contradicted yourself. Making stuff up and guessing is not knowledge, mate.
Yes I’m guessing like you. Birmingham and derby have been out the prem like 20yrs ,

My guess is more believable the fact he stayed at Burnley 10yrs and then sat on his hands for 12months, so while we don’t know for definite, it’s obvious no bigger clubs came in for him

There could very well be a ceiling that Dyche hits with us

I guess it depends on what happens with the ownership

He didn't have much to spend at Burnley so he was essentially getting blood out of a stone

That's been the case here as well

Who knows, if we actually ever get to spend money again then maybe he'll be capable of doing what Moyes did and get us back in the hunt for Europe and Cups?

There could very well be a ceiling that Dyche hits with us

I guess it depends on what happens with the ownership

He didn't have much to spend at Burnley so he was essentially getting blood out of a stone

That's been the case here as well

Who knows, if we actually ever get to spend money again then maybe he'll be capable of doing what Moyes did and get us back in the hunt for Europe and Cups?
How about we don't give the stereotypical Brexitman manager who will only want to buy technically inadequate but willing to run players money?

How about we don't give the stereotypical Brexitman manager who will only want to buy technically inadequate but willing to run players money?

Meh, if it gets results then I'm not bothered really

My only issue with Dyche is that he probably is going to favour journeymen over youth, which was what annoyed me the most about Moyes also

If he buys some journeymen who can actually get the job done though and we can be pushing for European places, then I'll be satisfied until a better prospect comes along

Apart from the couple of months where he insisted on pointless substitutions when a game was lost, when I look at it on the whole he's done better than I thought he would.
Imagine having Koeoman or Lampard at the helm through this period of turmoil.
I also think the false table is unfair to him, in reality he had us safe with 1/3rd of the season left,also in reality we'd now be fighting for an outside chance of a top ten finish had the PL not soiled the competition. Nobody on here could sniff at that from where we were
Last year I'd never have guessed we'd still be fielding Gomes, Doucoure,Seamus,Mykolenco, Mcneil and a few others, but we have and he's made a half decent team out of them. The way he's got Mykolenko playing for instance, I'd not swap him for Digne now.
He's had a rough start with us and used the hand he was dealt very well to my mind.
He's had an arguably weaker squad than any of our previous 5 managers have had and done better than them.