2023/24 Idrissa Gueye

The issue I have with Gana isnt what he does (like a dog after the ball) its the gaps he leaves. On the one hand hes a DM but on the other hand he isnt.

Whether you go with the old Horne/Parkinson type partnership and bring a 2nd Gana type (Ndidiesque or Ndidi himself if hes not totally finished) into the side so they can hunt as a pair OR you play him with a sitting player (like Onana should be) it works from a defensive perspective.

But then you need attacking play from elsewhere e.g wide or attacking midfield (Doucoure).

Hes out of contract and we should extend but not on the same £80k+ wages.
I agree. Isn't Ndidi out of contract at the end of the season?

The issue I have with Gana isnt what he does (like a dog after the ball) its the gaps he leaves. On the one hand hes a DM but on the other hand he isnt.

Whether you go with the old Horne/Parkinson type partnership and bring a 2nd Gana type (Ndidiesque or Ndidi himself if hes not totally finished) into the side so they can hunt as a pair OR you play him with a sitting player (like Onana should be) it works from a defensive perspective.

But then you need attacking play from elsewhere e.g wide or attacking midfield (Doucoure).

Bobbles mate reckons he is on £100k+ and wants more game time, if he stays it needs to be on reduced wages.

The biggest gap he leaves is when he doesn’t play. Chelsea away for example.

oh-really-hmph.gif