Dyche; A Great Achievement?

I'm glad it's been mentioned about his need to be pragmatic. it's not a desire from him I'm sure.

The whole circus that he and the squad have had to bear, shouldn't be underestimated.

What they've achieved points wise (with and without deductions) is amazing.

What interests me is the style of play and points they could've got without the necessary backs to wall handbrake on.

We'll never know....but top 10 would definitely have been within the realms.

Well done.

I understand the criticisms, but really he's stood tall and given us a figurehead when all the suits at the club let us down and were ready to capitulate.

He's been the difference between survival and the Championship...x2 seasons.

Hitting the nail on the head.

Being that figurehead must be tough when your employers are letting you down - and he seems to have been the stubborn but pragmatic type we needed.

I see he is being vocal about it now

“And the reason for that is this job is not the one that got pitched to me. To focus and refocus on the new job in hand, I am pleased with that.

“The idea was to get us through last season and there would be a more balanced view of the club moving forward. I was not expecting pots of gold, but I was hoping for the chance to change the viewpoint on the pitch and then the view off the pitch."

It is those suits who have let us down the most - giving Dyche grief because he is in the public eye is just easier.

Hoping the team get a standing ovation at home for staying focused and resilient.

Great Everton Managers are judged on the trophy’s they win, I’ve had the great pleasure to have watched the Catterick and Kendall years but I got a bit of stick after suggesting that if Dyche keeps us up it should genuinely be considered one of the great Everton managerial achievements.

Players and staff don’t live in a vacuum, the off-field issues have to manifest themselves on the pitch;

- avoided relegation in the last day of the season but despite an obvious lack of quality in the squad a great improvement saw us moving along nicely until the first points deduction kicked in.
- players playing with freedom become uptight, the crowd becomes nervous. 8 points deducted but the reality is its cost us more than that. Rooney was saying in the week how impossible it is to manage a club with points deducted.
- shambles off the pitch, an absent owner, the conflict with the Board. The chairman passes away, the Board sacked and transitioned to new personnel. No money for January transfers.
- lack of quality in key positions, no goalscorer yet he found a way to accumulate points. He’s coped with injuries and still kept us competitive.
- through all the issues he’s protected the players and I never thought for one minute he’d ‘lost the dressing room’.
- we all have our selection issues but he’s uncomplicated and pragmatic. Defensively outstanding, players not found wanting for effort.

I believe keeping us up this season is one of the great managerial achievements in my 60+ years watching. Dyche is unpopular on here but I didn’t mind watching his team earlier in the season, defended well but got players forward and created chances. When the going got tough he’s done what he needed to get us over the line.

We’re safe, we can have the discussion on how well Dyche did.
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🧑‍🌾🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜🚜

If you consider that Dyche has played an entire season with…
1) A totally misfiring forward line, whose best player was perma-injured.
2) Two wingers, one of whom has no pace, the other cannot cross.
3) no functioning left back
4) a midfield entirely devoid of creativity
5) an owner who wants off
6) new owners who neither the fans nor the Prem want appointed
7) finances that are run by coco the clown
8) points being deducted, returned, then deducted again

If Klopp, Guardiola, Pochetino had to put up with what he has had to put up with the media would be out in force saying what miracle workers they were.
If Brighton, Brentford, Luton, Forest or Sheffield had survived under those constraints the press would be hailing them to the skies.

We are on a true 44 points with you'd think at least 3 more to come. That's progress from mid thirties from last season in anyones book.
While on paper that is certainly true, the league is significantly weaker this season. Fulham without mitrovic, Brighton have lost a number of stars and look a shadow of last season, palace without Zaha, Brentford most of the season without toney. Decent mid table teams of the past like Leicester, Southampton and Leeds replaced with a very low standard in Luton, Sheffield utd and Burnley.

So while I'm not trying to take away from what Dyche has achieved. The points tally really should be expected to have been at least 10 points higher than last season if our squad strength wasn't changed and arguably you could say we have a better team this season than last unless if you really rate iwobi which many on here don't.

If Klopp, Guardiola, Pochetino had to put up with what he has had to put up with the media would be out in force saying what miracle workers they were.
If Brighton, Brentford, Luton, Forest or Sheffield had survived under those constraints the press would be hailing them to the skies.
Just let me slightly counter this mate, with some reality

1) A totally misfiring forward line, whose best player was perma-injured - Dom has played 90% of games this year; plus he has Beto, Chermiti and at a push Danjuma available

2) Two wingers, one of whom has no pace, the other cannot cross. - he pushed for Jack Harrison in the summer, as well as being a fond fan of Dwight McNeil

3) no functioning left back - Vitaly Mykolenko has again played the majority of the season, he’s also a fully fledged international footballer

4) a midfield entirely devoid of creativity - Whilst Gueye is limited with his range of passing and very inconsistent; both Garna and Onana are very tidy and composed on the ball.

He did also force one of the most inept technical players at the club, into the side and continued to play him no matter what

5) an owner who wants off - agreed, but that doesn’t really impact how you set up

6) new owners who neither the fans nor the Prem want appointed - as above

7) finances that are run by coco the clown - as above, but yes this does hold a bit more weight as it impacts any movement in January

8) points being deducted, returned, then deducted again - agreed, the mental strain probably impacted the players, but we did win 4 on the bounce, “PUTTING THE HARD YARDS IN”, right after the first deduction. Did it sort of helped, or didn’t. I mean at the time everyone said it galvanised us

Number 3 is a bit harsh. Milo had a decent season.

You only have to look at Palace. Haven’t spent fortunes but the signings of Olise and Eze have transformed them as an attacking unit. If we could get a couple of attacking players of similar ilk, to inject serious pace and creativity at the expense of Doucoure and Harrison, we’d be significantly stronger.
Spot on. No reason why we cant do the same.

He got major criticism while he was here, but Steve Walsh was the man for unearthing players like that.

Hitting the nail on the head.

Being that figurehead must be tough when your employers are letting you down - and he seems to have been the stubborn but pragmatic type we needed.

I see he is being vocal about it now

“And the reason for that is this job is not the one that got pitched to me. To focus and refocus on the new job in hand, I am pleased with that.

“The idea was to get us through last season and there would be a more balanced view of the club moving forward. I was not expecting pots of gold, but I was hoping for the chance to change the viewpoint on the pitch and then the view off the pitch."

It is those suits who have let us down the most - giving Dyche grief because he is in the public eye is just easier.

Hoping the team get a standing ovation at home for staying focused and resilient.
After we play Sheff Utd last hime game I hope the fans are very vocal about their appreciation and backing for Dyche AND reiterate the opposition to the ownership situation at the club.

I'm sure they will.