Dyche; A Great Achievement?

I understand the criticisms, but really he's stood tall and given us a figurehead when all the suits at the club let us down and were ready to capitulate.

He's been the difference between survival and the Championship...x2 seasons.
This really. He’s a leader and we’ve lacked that for some time

Cannot deny for a millisecond that I'm not a fan, been very vocal and consistent with my opinion throughout and from his appointment, what I have to do is be honest and magnanimous again with my appreciation of what has been achieved in this and last season, this one in particular would have had many just bailing, he didn't and for that alone he deserves an unfettered thank you and praise.

His tenure has been one of the most difficult to sit through, with a few highlights along the way, Brighton away, Liverpool this year but not enough for me.

Last few games after Chelsea debacle, he looks like he and the team have had a long hard look at themselves and shown true professionalism in sorting it out and that cannot be denied and I'm grateful we maintain our status for whatever next season throws at us.

I want change but will concede that if we don't do it top down, we won't ever be the Everton I know and love, so we start there and see what happens. I will say, i don't wanna sit through another turgid season of stubborn one dimensional games, and I don't want him taking us to BMD, but there is a glimmer of hope, its that that perhaps gives him a bit Of grace, for now.

Well done Mr Dyche and the team for getting their shiz together.

UTFT 💙

Great Everton Managers are judged on the trophy’s they win, I’ve had the great pleasure to have watched the Catterick and Kendall years but I got a bit of stick after suggesting that if Dyche keeps us up it should genuinely be considered one of the great Everton managerial achievements.

Players and staff don’t live in a vacuum, the off-field issues have to manifest themselves on the pitch;

- avoided relegation in the last day of the season but despite an obvious lack of quality in the squad a great improvement saw us moving along nicely until the first points deduction kicked in.
- players playing with freedom become uptight, the crowd becomes nervous. 8 points deducted but the reality is its cost us more than that. Rooney was saying in the week how impossible it is to manage a club with points deducted.
- shambles off the pitch, an absent owner, the conflict with the Board. The chairman passes away, the Board sacked and transitioned to new personnel. No money for January transfers.
- lack of quality in key positions, no goalscorer yet he found a way to accumulate points. He’s coped with injuries and still kept us competitive.
- through all the issues he’s protected the players and I never thought for one minute he’d ‘lost the dressing room’.
- we all have our selection issues but he’s uncomplicated and pragmatic. Defensively outstanding, players not found wanting for effort.

I believe keeping us up this season is one of the great managerial achievements in my 60+ years watching. Dyche is unpopular on here but I didn’t mind watching his team earlier in the season, defended well but got players forward and created chances. When the going got tough he’s done what he needed to get us over the line.

We’re safe, we can have the discussion on how well Dyche did.
Forget Pep or Arteta!
Considering where he started from and what he started with...and the points he lost through no fault of his own.
It IS a Great Achievement

Our born again Ju-Ju man with his lucky tracky has managed to gather up our collective MoJo.

The numbers tell the tale

8pts deducted
14 games without a win
6 goal thrashing
8 days
3 wins
7goals
(2 from Gana ffs)
3 clean sheets
9pts
1 City reclaimed
Millions of rs gutted

Which all adds up to 1878

Like the former member for Huyton nearly said - Its a funny old game and a week is a long time in Football

Edit; I'll admit to a slight element of doubt after Chelsea

We forget as well that managers as professionals also evolve and grow. In Dyche I see a steel of a character that never waivers and can steady us in such rocky times. Even through the points deduction and bad run he was extremely composed.

I must say that he looked a lot meaner and tactically astute with the track suit on. It’s Dyche 2.0 baby

Great Everton Managers are judged on the trophy’s they win, I’ve had the great pleasure to have watched the Catterick and Kendall years but I got a bit of stick after suggesting that if Dyche keeps us up it should genuinely be considered one of the great Everton managerial achievements.

Players and staff don’t live in a vacuum, the off-field issues have to manifest themselves on the pitch;

- avoided relegation in the last day of the season but despite an obvious lack of quality in the squad a great improvement saw us moving along nicely until the first points deduction kicked in.
- players playing with freedom become uptight, the crowd becomes nervous. 8 points deducted but the reality is its cost us more than that. Rooney was saying in the week how impossible it is to manage a club with points deducted.
- shambles off the pitch, an absent owner, the conflict with the Board. The chairman passes away, the Board sacked and transitioned to new personnel. No money for January transfers.
- lack of quality in key positions, no goalscorer yet he found a way to accumulate points. He’s coped with injuries and still kept us competitive.
- through all the issues he’s protected the players and I never thought for one minute he’d ‘lost the dressing room’.
- we all have our selection issues but he’s uncomplicated and pragmatic. Defensively outstanding, players not found wanting for effort.

I believe keeping us up this season is one of the great managerial achievements in my 60+ years watching. Dyche is unpopular on here but I didn’t mind watching his team earlier in the season, defended well but got players forward and created chances. When the going got tough he’s done what he needed to get us over the line.

We’re safe, we can have the discussion on how well Dyche did.
If we beat Luton and sheff u, we would've had 50 points without the deduction. That alone should give him another season.

I don't like his style of football and he's very lucky to have survived the 15 game winless run, but it seems to be working now.

I disagree De Zerbis is the manager we should be trying to appoint next. Sean Dyche had done an amazing job keeping us in the leauge, but relegation scraps isn't where this club should be. Viva La De Zerbis.
Well, until we have proper ownership, relegation battles are precisely where this club will be.