Where do you stand on the manager position going forward?

Where do you stand on Manager Position going forward?

• Total voters
If we had not had the points deduction hanging over us he would have been sacked during what is the longest winless run in the history of the Premier league.

Without that horrendous run, the points deduction wouldn't have been the issue it turned out to be.

That's all on Dyche.

You can let beating the RS put rose tinted glasses on the situation but we faced this horrendous mess because of two things.

Poor leadership, and;

Poor management of the team.
I’m not sure without the point deductions we would have had the run. The dedutions, commissions, and subsequent uncertainty were huge mitigating factors. He deserves another season, without a doubt

If we had not had the points deduction hanging over us he would have been sacked during what is the longest winless run in the history of the Premier league.

Without that horrendous run, the points deduction wouldn't have been the issue it turned out to be.

That's all on Dyche.

You can let beating the RS put rose tinted glasses on the situation but we faced this horrendous mess because of two things.

Poor leadership, and;

Poor management of the team.
I don't see the point in talking about him not being here at the beginning of next season.

Its a lot about perception and how managers are viewed etc.

95% of football fans don't watch Everton, they would of watched us vrs the RS and thought we looked good, just like we did against Newcastle, Chelsea (h) & a few others!
They would also look at our points total with the points deduction and you would be a fool to say he isn't doing a good job considering this group had been in 2 relegation scraps the last 2 years!

That's what i would see as an outsider looking in! Along with a derby win, he's pretty close to being unteachable until next season starts.

The average fan/pundit/journo doesn't remember a turgid display at home to Luton etc,

We cannot build without a solid foundation, and we haven't had that since Moyes. The boring stuff like being organised, working hard every single minute, staying focused, attacking and defending set pieces, outfighting the opposition - the stuff that wins matches and gives you the chance to show other qualities. Signing players that share these values. Things that we should expect as the bare minimum but rarely get. Dyche is the best chance we have to instil this into the club in a lasting way. If we can do that, we'll be able to take the opportunity when we get a bit of money, or a few good transfers, or a golden generation, or whatever. If we don't, we'll squander it again.

Championship sides coming into the prem look tough. Smart recruitment needed on a shoestring. Big window for KT
I'm not sure. between PSR and no more parachute payments, will a promoted team's owners really want to gamble and spend money that could leave them financially worse off?

None of those options fit for me.

I'd rather we weren't in the position where we're happy Dyche is our manager, guiding us to a solid lower-half finish comfortably clear of the relegation zone, but that's where we're at.

Taking the season as a whole, I have no complaints over the points tally he's delivered - even if some of the performances and his responses to them have made me want to gouge my eyes out and snap my ears off.

I don't think there's any chance he is replaced in the summer, so I'm not even contemplating that as an option as things stand.

It's also hard to properly judge him given the limitations he's working under. Maybe he can drive us up the table - and if so, great.

I'm happy to play it by ear.

I see a lot of sniping in various threads and a lot of exaggeration of peoples stances, like saying Dyche fanboys or calling people out for being negative about him. So I was curious to see where does everybody really stand on this

Not really looking to start another thread to have the same arguments already going on in the Dyche thread. Just wanna get the numbers on how we all see it, as personally I think it’s a good mix of two of the options with a smaller portion sitting in the other two options
Nevermind the Dairylea, without him we were toast
Will he be in the dugout at BMD?
Who knows.
Will he be in the Goodison dugout this time next year...or even August?

Too many weeks...and, as we have just seen...a week is a long time in football...too many variables

I'd still prefer Moyes if he was to leave West Ham when is contract runs out.

I just think he's a better version of Dyche and I trust him much more with money.

It all depends on the ownership situation. Dyche will have no shortage of suitors at the end of his contract here, and I'm absolutely sure he has greater career ambitions than "juggling sand" as he describes it.
If the ownership situation and our financial state is still a mess by the end of next season, he could choose to end it there. He'll be seeking assurances before committing to another contract. If he does leave, we could very well bring Moyes back for 2025 as another safe-pair-of-hands appointment.
But until we actually know who our owner is, our debt is resolved, we have money to invest in academy and first team, we are not going to rush into any managerial changes. And considering how Dyche survived a 13 game winless run (turning it around with 4 wins in 5), he's definitely going nowhere at least until the end of next season.

I'd love to get someone in who plays something resembling football but we have nobody in charge. Dyche has done what he's been brought in to do, twice. It's not like we have a robust squad of players who want the ball at their feet.

I’m not sure without the point deductions we would have had the run. The dedutions, commissions, and subsequent uncertainty were huge mitigating factors. He deserves another season, without a doubt
Even though I see the faults and understand that he has form in relegation I think the chopping and changing of managers has been a destabilising factor for us. As I've said in other posts if he can be pushed to address our play in the final third then we could have a season without being threatened by relegation.

I don't see the point in talking about him not being here at the beginning of next season.

Its a lot about perception and how managers are viewed etc.

95% of football fans don't watch Everton, they would of watched us vrs the RS and thought we looked good, just like we did against Newcastle, Chelsea (h) & a few others!
They would also look at our points total with the points deduction and you would be a fool to say he isn't doing a good job considering this group had been in 2 relegation scraps the last 2 years!

That's what i would see as an outsider looking in! Along with a derby win, he's pretty close to being unteachable until next season starts.

The average fan/pundit/journo doesn't remember a turgid display at home to Luton etc,
The stats are not perceptions though la, they are facts. That run he oversaw was a record breaker for all of the wrong reasons. I was not making a point about what other fans think, i dont believe that i even mentioned other fans. I was talking about Dyches performance as a manager.

Sitting in between Option 2 and 3. Chose 3 as realistically we should be sitting on 44 points which is a great effort considering the mess we are in financially. However that run from December to March was dreadful. I appreciate after the Chelsea result he decided a change was required but when conceding 90th minute goals was becoming the norm, a change in tactics was needed then and I don't see any evidence that he identified that. Maybe he did. Who knows.

Anyhoo, another with SD next season. A bit more stability and hopefully a stronger faster squad for him to use and justify our faith in him with.