Where do you stand on the manager position going forward?

Where do you stand on Manager Position going forward?

• Total voters
All depends on the Tracksuit...

Full praise to him for keeping us up the last 2yrs, but he only has a year left on his contract and I'd leave it at that.
I don't want to have to keep giving praise for being saved from relegation.

Depending on the off field antics around the club, getting a good new owner in and gradually piecing it back together properly,
I'd like us to do the same with the manager, putting a lot of work in finally finding the right fit to take us forward in to BMD..

stepping-on-pple.jpg

It will be a waste of money imo
And that’s the worry we sell Onana and Branthwaite to buy Harrison and brownhill and a few other players that are big strong and run around a lot
True really need a onana replacement in similar style young promising cm, need to be in the model of buying to sell aswell as adding experience. Brownhill or whoever would be for squad

The poll options don't really allow for much nuance, The last week has been tremendous and probably shows a greater unity amongst the players and staff than they have shown previously, how much of that is down to the manager or certain players having a blinder we can never really know.

The team certainly wasn't functioning properly during the long win-less spell.

The overall standard of football is dire and reflects the limitations of the current squad, but that was also the case under Lampard and Benitez, and the team managed to scrape through each time with some unexpected last minute heroics. Maybe it has just been under-performing players finally realising that they needed to step up, or maybe just serendipity. Surviving with the additional pressures of the deductions and the take-over fiasco show Dyche in a more favourable light than his predecessors.

All that being said, I am not in favour of replacing the manager unless it goes hand-in-hand with better recruitment. That isn't going to happen overnight even if we find a well-funded owner. He has probably just done enough to earn another go, but the whole club needs a reset and we can only hope we find the right balance to improve the squad and get out of the spiral of decline.

Wouldn't option two be that, if you arent overly happy with the job done but fine with him staying whilst the off the field stuff is so unstable?

I mean I didn't think there'd be people who weren't happy or were meh about his performance this season but ALSO are happy to see him stay on for the next few seasons regardless of our finances/stability ?

I'd have thought two and three covers most people

I was trying not to put too many options
Its all good, Im just a difficult customer. I think Dyches done decent in periods, good in periods and terrible in periods - so neither ‘fine’ nor ‘very happy’ applies.

If we had not had the points deduction hanging over us he would have been sacked during what is the longest winless run in the history of the Premier league.

Without that horrendous run, the points deduction wouldn't have been the issue it turned out to be.

That's all on Dyche.

You can let beating the RS put rose tinted glasses on the situation but we faced this horrendous mess because of two things.

Poor leadership, and;

Poor management of the team.

I think it’s impossible to untangle the results and the morale due to points deduction and unclear leadership from the board etc, in either a positive or negative way.
I think with the cull in squad numbers and the constant chat about will need to be sold etc I think he’s done a marvellous job getting us over the line.
Performed better than Lampard, the FSW and others.
With next season being more of a mystery than last year, I think stability is the key in this role.

But Brownhill's not even been linked to us except that Dyche used to manage him.
Think it's that plus us being more or less skint so we'll look for this type of transfer anyway, or at least that's the assumption?

I'd be more or less fine with him to be honest, he's an okay player, but not sure how much of an upgrade he'd be. We're likely losing Onana and maybe Gana (wouldn't begrudge him Saudi money if the come knocking for some reason)? And he's different from either of them in what he offers anyway.

I'd still prefer Moyes if he was to leave West Ham when is contract runs out.

I just think he's a better version of Dyche and I trust him much more with money.
How much better is he? He's currently doing slightly better than us on a much better selection than us, so this is really debatable. Might as well keep the Moyes we have lol