Where do you stand on the manager position going forward?

Where do you stand on Manager Position going forward?

• Total voters
I'd keep him for next season, but I'd stop short of saying he's done an amazing job or anything

He did a solid job that should be commended to a certain degree, especially the clean sheets, but there have been some bad runs and some questionable tactics along the way

If he can have us safe before May again next season, whilst giving some of the younger players a genuine chance to stake a claim, then he'll have done okay by my watch

It all depends on the ownership situation. Dyche will have no shortage of suitors at the end of his contract here, and I'm absolutely sure he has greater career ambitions than "juggling sand" as he describes it.
If the ownership situation and our financial state is still a mess by the end of next season, he could choose to end it there. He'll be seeking assurances before committing to another contract. If he does leave, we could very well bring Moyes back for 2025 as another safe-pair-of-hands appointment.
But until we actually know who our owner is, our debt is resolved, we have money to invest in academy and first team, we are not going to rush into any managerial changes. And considering how Dyche survived a 13 game winless run (turning it around with 4 wins in 5), he's definitely going nowhere at least until the end of next season.

I think you make a good point! And was sort of a point of what i was trying to make in a post before

Dyche has improved his reputation over his 18 months here!
The casual fan doesn't watch the mighty Toffs so will just see points (with/without deduction) and the first time in 3 years this team hasent gone into the last home game of the season with there PL status at risk!

Im Conflicted if you asked me a couple weeks ago I would of vehemently opposed to dyche staying after a winless run of 4 months but it's crazy how fickle the game of football is, for me the liverpool game along with the forest and brentford matches have made me more open To keeping him on , I thought that derby game was one of the best performances I've seen from Everton in years , we would be firmly midtable without the point deductions in a season that has been very chaotic on all fronts especially behind the scenes with moshiri being an absentee landlord. My only issues are the ones that will forever be an issue with dyche the lack of goals, slow on substitutions, gets frustrated reverts to ultra negative football and he's obstinate about his team selection. I'd love an upcoming manager from a different league but until there's more certainty on the direction of the club I'd say dyche in for now

I'd love to get someone in who plays something resembling football but we have nobody in charge. Dyche has done what he's been brought in to do, twice. It's not like we have a robust squad of players who want the ball at their feet.
Would be nice but I agree, the players are incapable of holding the ball plenty managers attempted something with this squad

If we keep branthwaite, tarks and myko. I'd heavily favour dyche football at least for another stability season

Would be nice but I agree, the players are incapable of holding the ball plenty managers attempted something with this squad

If we keep branthwaite, tarks and myko. I'd heavily favour dyche football at least for another stability season
I just can't fathom that a team that has THIS many international footballers in it can't simply play a bit more expansive. I know Lampard tried but Lampard is/was an awful awful coach.

I'd keep him for next season, but I'd stop short of saying he's done an amazing job or anything

He did a solid job that should be commended to a certain degree, especially the clean sheets, but there have been some bad runs and some questionable tactics along the way

If he can have us safe before May again next season, whilst giving some of the younger players a genuine chance to stake a claim, then he'll have done okay by my watch
32 from 30 on the pitch was a sack-level return, in context. 44 from 35 is comfortably mid-table, which is another proposition altogether. Fair play to him for delivering when he was up against it.

I would retain, but I would not extend the contract. If we're in a good spot come January, that's the time for that conversation.

The 5million a year wage and the 100million+ transfer budget we have in the Summer is more than 95% of managers in the world will ever see.

We are attractive, not City attractive, but we could pull a hotty.

100m budget?? You're in for some disappointment. Be more like 60 or 70m in profit from sales

Look, if Dyche was sacked after Burnley his career wouldnt have been dented, IMO.

He would have just pointed to the noise off the pitch and everybody would have just said "ok".

Hes not ever getting a job as good as this again tho.

For some Managers we are their peak, for others, like Carlo, we are a dirty weekend away with a brass.
A job as good as this?? A relegation threatened team with repeated points deductions, a squad full of players we can't shift and a budget of about minus 60m a season. How is a great job past we pay 5m a year (he was on 4 at burnley) and we used to be great. Oh and he has to put up with unrealistic expectations and an ungrateful fanbase

This isn't a great job