Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I wouldnt bother charging your phone, cos I doubt anybody is ringing at that price.

"Good" I hear you say and I do agree, but sadly, we need money and we dont hold all the cards.

Unpopular opinion, no doubt, but I only deal in reality.

This will very much be a buyers market, lots of clubs sailing close to the PSR ceiling and when I say lots of clubs, I mean the Other 14.
I hate that this is true

I wouldnt bother charging your phone, cos I doubt anybody is ringing at that price.

"Good" I hear you say and I do agree, but sadly, we need money and we dont hold all the cards.

Unpopular opinion, no doubt, but I only deal in reality.

This will very much be a buyers market, lots of clubs sailing close to the PSR ceiling and when I say lots of clubs, I mean the Other 14.
Yeah, I hope we can sell Onana for enough to do whatever we need for the financial rules but I fear we’ll be selling Branthwaite as well.

IMO after what he’s done this season, ever present, multiple MOTM, even a threat in attack, so young with potential to improve he’s worth £100m but sadly I imagine we’ll accept something in the region of £60m because of desperation

Yeah, I hope we can sell Onana for enough to do whatever we need for the financial rules but I fear we’ll be selling Branthwaite as well.

IMO after what he’s done this season, ever present, multiple MOTM, even a threat in attack, so young with potential to improve he’s worth £100m but sadly I imagine we’ll accept something in the region of £60m because of desperation
I see no reason why we wont sell both sadly.

We are likely to need at least 6 new players this window, we need cash to keep the lights on, unless something major happens ownership wise.

Hope im wrong and we can get by with just selling Onana, but it seems unlikely, Branners will attract top, top clubs, that should mean top, top money, but this will be a pretty strange window, for many reasons.

Unfortunately we are walking around with our bits all hanging out, so other team know we will have to accept a pair of pants for anyone we are selling.

We should be in a position to demand vvd, maguire prices

….much depends if there’s competition for Branthwaite’s signature, bids might go a bit higher. I think United looks the most likely link, I could see £60m rising to £70m with add-ons.

Interesting, so it would be Greaves to replace Branthwaite, and Szmodics to replace Doucoure. Kind of crazy to score 25 and not be a striker, though also crazy it didnt happen until he was 28...
I may be wrong, but I’m not convinced on Szmodics as a prem player, think he’d be too lightweight.
I remember Bristol City signing him in 2019 from Colchester in league 2, and he barely got on the field as he just wasn’t up to the level required, and was sold a year later.
His stats have been good since then, but whether he’s prem quality I’m not sure.

Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Newcastle are the clubs most heavily involved in purchasing Everton’s Amadou Onana, FootballTransfers has been told

Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Newcastle are the clubs most heavily involved in purchasing Everton’s Amadou Onana, FootballTransfers has been told
Well at least they might outbid each other and drive his price up. Don't Lille get a big cut of any fee?

I see no reason why we wont sell both sadly.

We are likely to need at least 6 new players this window, we need cash to keep the lights on, unless something major happens ownership wise.

Hope im wrong and we can get by with just selling Onana, but it seems unlikely, Branners will attract top, top clubs, that should mean top, top money, but this will be a pretty strange window, for many reasons.
Players will probably be sold to service debts .
Only a small percentage of any transfer profits will be made available for player purchases.
We won’t be signing 6 players .

Everton summer transfer policy will b something like::

1. right back... are they 38 or over and without a contract? Oh hang on young could probably do a job there.

2. Sell the Braithwaites and onanas and then go with what we've got...namely Holgate returning and Keane and Godfrey playing more

3. Release Gana and wonder why we seem suddenly flimsier than ever in the middle.

4. Pass on opportunity to sign the next messi for 60p.