New Everton Stadium Discussion

Two things come to mind about this arena, how did it cost 365 million to build and why haven't co-op pulled out of the naming rights and sued the owners for dragging their name into the mud?
I heard Nicky Campbell calling it the Cock-Up Arena this morning.

It really is damaging them, as you say. Everyone thinks this is the Co-Op's fault, and it's nothing to do with them.

Where is it exactly? Please do real ale.
I believe it's this unit:

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 14.03.59.png

Not as impressive as the next-door property, which I believe has also been sold to be turned into a bar.

Was hoping to take my dad to see it, as he’s only seen pictures, but he died last night. He told how he lost his shoe in the old main stand and had to walk home with only one shoe. I’m sorry I won’t be able to take him now. UTFT
Sorry to hear that mate. My dad died a couple of years ago and my brother and I bought an engraved paving stone so at least he will be at BMD in memory

Real ale and craft beer drinkers like me and yourself won't have a chance mate,it will all be pints of Gassy Wee.

That being said I've got my pre match pub route mapped already.
Someone is missing a trick if there is no real ale. There will be a gap in the market as there are plenty of us out there. Even if they open a real ale only pub, no lager, no shorts, no wine. There will be enough of a demand. I drink nothing else. Ever.

Someone is missing a trick if there is no real ale. There will be a gap in the market as there are plenty of us out there. Even if they open a real ale only pub, no lager, no shorts, no wine. There will be enough of a demand. I drink nothing else. Ever.
I looked into it 2 years ago...German style Beer Keller Everton themed obviously... Everything was either mega money or hoovered up.

So that was that ha.

All said, not rushing to open BMD mid-season next year is probably a very wise decision.

I know we had our issues, but at least we delayed the opening by a few months to fix them. This Co-op Live thing is a massive, massive shambles....people literally travelling to shows told to turn around and go home, or worse shutting the place down when people are already there... 😵

I've got the Killers there next month, hope they start to sort themselves out

I believe it's this unit:

View attachment 255192

Not as impressive as the next-door property, which I believe has also been sold to be turned into a bar.

I suppose it's how it looks like when it's up and running. Talking of which, has anybody asked them when they will be opening? Nearer the opening or will they jump the gun? I think they might do a bit of business on a match day whilst we are still playing at Goodison. Certainly for those who get the Soccerbus from Sandhills.

I suppose it's how it looks like when it's up and running. Talking of which, has anybody asked them when they will be opening? Nearer the opening or will they jump the gun? I think they might do a bit of business on a match day whilst we are still playing at Goodison. Certainly for those who get the Soccerbus from Sandhills.
I'm there most weeks, I'll be known as a regular in all of them 😆

Was hoping to take my dad to see it, as he’s only seen pictures, but he died last night. He told how he lost his shoe in the old main stand and had to walk home with only one shoe. I’m sorry I won’t be able to take him now. UTFT
Sorry to hear your loss mate, I'm sure you'll have a few special moments to think of the good times you spent together at the old lady