Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Championship players who could stake a claim to our first squad.

Jonathan Rowe - Norwich
Hayden Hackney - Middlesbrough
Morgan Whitaker - Plymouth
Jaden Philogene - Hull
Jacob Greaves - Hull
Jack Clarke - Sunderland
Kyle Walker- Peters - Southampton
Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Southampton

Selling Pickford is an utterly deranged move for a club in our precarious position. We have no quality backup so we'd have to buy a replacement and that might take a significant portion of the fees raised by selling Pickford in the first place.
I think Virginia has shown (in his admittedly limited outings) this season that he is a good enough replacement for a club aiming for mid table safety.

Championship players who could stake a claim to our first squad.

Jonathan Rowe - Norwich
Hayden Hackney - Middlesbrough
Morgan Whitaker - Plymouth
Jaden Philogene - Hull
Jacob Greaves - Hull
Jack Clarke - Sunderland
Kyle Walker- Peters - Southampton
Taylor Harwood-Bellis - Southampton
I’d give Tommy Conway at Bristol City a go at Prem level.

He’s kept us up 3 seasons on the bounce and he’s easily England’s number 1... but you think he’s easily replaced.

OK.
It's a team game not a one man game and England number 1 means nothing whilst Southgate is in charge. He plays in a solid defence yet in the top 5 leagues in Europe he doesn't even rank in the top 30 GK numbers wise. World class shot stopper, no denying that but the rest of him is nothing special, he can be very erratic at times and I don't see a big club ever moving for him. Our fans massively overrate our players at times and Pickford is a classic example. He won't leave anyway because he is too comfy and on a fat wage here.

He’s kept us up 3 seasons on the bounce and he’s easily England’s number 1... but you think he’s easily replaced.

OK.
I don't think Virginia is as good as Pickford.

However, if Everton dropped next season it wouldn't be because Virginia had played all 38 games.

I could tolerate Pickfords sale if it meant we kept Branthwaite for another season or the money was used to make the squad stronger overall.

We also had some sales in the last summer transfer window that I think may be included this year in Cannon, Simms and ISS. I can't remember if they were sold before June or not.
Right, I was figuring them in, so while we are much better off(and allegedly easily under PSR) with those sales, if Moshiri wanted actual profit he would have to sell someone. All of them were post July 1st(Kean was July 1st) so all are on 23/24 accounts.

Right, I was figuring them in, so while we are much better off(and allegedly easily under PSR) with those sales, if Moshiri wanted actual profit he would have to sell someone. All of them were post July 1st(Kean was July 1st) so all are on 23/24 accounts.
Would not say easy will still be close and need another sale big onana atleast imo then hopefully add maupay to that.