2023/24 Sean Dyche

If he goes at the end of the season we’d be one of the favourites for relegation next season. If there’s a points deduction then even more so.

All of the old problems that were there under Lampard could easily return: incompetent set pieces at both ends, players injured all the time, players not wanting to work or wanting the manager out. Dyche has solved a lot of those issues.

If we get a generational manager and we improve then great, but the more likely scenario given the quality of the squad is we get a manager who just reopens all those old issues and we’re again talking about relegation.
I also think actually just giving someone longer than 18 months to try and progress the team would be novel for this club….thr first time since Martinez…..for where we are, he is the right manager to do this with. I give him next season, i am not advocating giving him an extension at this point, but if he shows progress in style, results, points haul (depending on summer activity) then we can talk about a new contract.

I can’t believe people want Dyche out.
No budget to buy players, indeed we will probably have to sell some.
who do they actually think would come to manage us at this point in time?

Maybe they want the FSW back
This. You don’t have to like him but you do have to accept the situation we’re in, with no management leading the business. Right now, we need a Dyche/Moyes type who takes charge of all the nonsense and stops us falling further.

There’s no room for manoeuvre until the ownership changes and, even then, it’s debatable as to how much we’ll have to attract better managers or players. If it’s 777 we’ll be even worse of than we are now.

With Moyes leaving West Ham he seems the best candidate. That said, Dyche has done a decent job in difficult circumstances. I just can’t see him suddenly learning the ability to coach a decent football side whereas Moyes has a higher ceiling and can build a good team on 20 quid and a few crisp packets.
Moyes won’t come back now that his mate Billy Boy has gone.

I don’t like him, never wanted him and never will warm to him I imagine.

However, I recognise he’s done the job he was brought in for, so does deserve a stab at next season.

I’d stop short of saying he’s done an unbelievable job though that some people would have you believe and certainly would not be handing out new contracts.

If I was Sean Dyche I would resign at the final whistle of the last game of the season.

Stock is high and next season will be tougher.
If I was Sean Dyche I would understand that I will not get a better job than Everton in terms of club size. He will wanna stay, he's put up with god knowsss

Dyche has played Brentford three times and won all three

In 4 games v Palace this season we’re unbeaten winning 2 of them. We also drew with them last season, so it’s 5 unbeaten.

We’ve beaten Bournemouth in 2 of the 3 games we’ve played, and battered them 3-0 earlier this season.

Fulham have caused us a few issues admittedly but we should have beaten them easily at home this season and they’re a decent team.

Do fans really expect us to be ‘dominating’ mid table pl teams home and away? That’s extremely unlikely to happen, and whilst that might be a good aspiration, if it did occur we’d have a squad that was challenging for the league title if it was that good. If we give Dyche players of that calibre then fine but until that points it’s extremely unlikely any manager will deliver that.
'Should've won' our first 3 home games easily, Fulham, Wolves and Luton if I recall ? That start puts us on a completely different trajectory. I know it's all ifs, but's and maybes, however the tone it sets early doors raises expectations. Also, if i recall, we actually dominated those games too. Point I'm struggling to articulate is that we can definitely go toe to toe with mid level teams which is where we are in reality.

At this point Dyche is the least of our worries.
Judging by his gnomic comments this week , our club is as much a mess on the inside as it looks from the outside.
Existential crisis indeed .

I’m not surprised at his comments, the ego and everything, the over exaggerating .

Having said that I’m sure there are those who will have him on pedestal just because he won a derby match.

I want him to do well it’s just I struggle to take to him. People say he’s honest but I don’t see it much after a bad result

It’s got to that stage, we get beat it’s not down to him because players are crap, no money, we’re a mess behind the scene’s etc, etc. We win, he’s performing miracles. He’s in a win win situation with some of our fans.

It’s got to that stage, we get beat it’s not down to him because players are crap, no money, we’re a mess behind the scene’s etc, etc. We win, he’s performing miracles. He’s in a win win situation with some of our fans.
Yeah there’s a lot of fans on twitter in particular like that.

On that awful run it was on the players being crap, Dyche’s hands were tied.

Last week though with the wins it was all down to Dyche. 🤷‍♂️

If I was Sean Dyche I would resign at the final whistle of the last game of the season.

Stock is high and next season will be tougher.
Why would he do that? As it stands he's leading Everton one of England's most prestigious and famous clubs into a new stadium in a years time. Where will he go if he leaves? You would think at best back to Burnley or Forest or something.

Why would he do that? As it stands he's leading Everton one of England's most prestigious and famous clubs into a new stadium in a years time. Where will he go if he leaves? You would think at best back to Burnley or Forest or something.
Exactly, the only place is West Ham and he is the total opposite of what they are looking for.