2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branthwaite is worth more than £40 million to Everton. The team figures to still be fighting for survival in the short term. Their current formula to pick up wins is trying to win a lot of games 1-0. If you sell him cheap, there is little chance to adequately replace him at center back at a discount. There are a bunch of other guys I would move first.

I disagree, but welcome your comments.

I don't want him sold IMHO
We need 3-4 like him plus complimentary players to get towards the top of the PL consistently. Other than Pickford, he’s the only player of that ilk. There’s just too much work to do without having that 80 million head start.

Then, if we don’t get there with him still on the roster, there’s a chance he then wants to leave and we lose more control over where he goes and for how much. We don’t want to paint ourselves into a corner.

To be clear, he shouldn’t go to United. They’re 3-4 Branthwaite type players away as well. The market is probably Arsenal, City, perhaps Newcastle. Maybe Madrid or Bayern are wild cards. If one of those clubs come in with the right money, we take that and rebuild. If not, there shouldn’t be any reason to sell.

As below bruv. He may consider RvN to have turned him into a top player over that year.

Dude made more progress at Everton in the last year from his point of view, he increased his playing profile to become close to 100 mill pound player and cracked the England squad - he’s surely going to be part of the new era once team GB sack Mr Wallpaper Paste.

When I look at things from Jarrods point of view, I see a lot of upside at staying at Everton, games, profile, development, time on his side and further international recognitition. Increasing his profile further for possibility a bigger move.

What can Utd offer him that we can’t - money?

40m for Branthwaite was a PSR bid. I think they were testing the waters to see how much trouble we were in financially.
If we had been in difficulty then I think we would have been forced to negotiate to get the fee up some small bit which they may have agreed to just to complete the deal.

I think they know now that there is no point whatsoever in submitting another silly bid at this point.

Dude made more progress at Everton in the last year from his point of view, he increased his playing profile to become close to 100 mill pound player and cracked the England squad - he’s surely going to be part of the new era once team GB sack Mr Wallpaper Paste.

When I look at things from Jarrods point of view, I see a lot of upside at staying at Everton, games, profile, development, time on his side and further international recognitition. Increasing his profile further for possibility a bigger move.

He'll learn more in a settled partnership with tarky than utd's pick'n'mix mess at the back, with the added bonus of a lunatic goalie trying to play midfield

I think he’s no1 target. I’m expecting him to be at Utd come end of window, but having paid a figure closer to our valuation.
I don’t think he goes imo, if he does I think it will depend on them getting sales, as they don’t have the money to spend 70mil on CB

The club has to stand firm and not get bullied b y the like of Rattycliffe. They seem to think because they are Man U they are doing us a favour.
I feel the mentality of that has changed. No longer does the case seem to be ‘negotiate to death and still walk away with a poor deal’.

That outlook may have died with Bill Kenwright. That’s not meant as a jibe, just an observation.

I feel the mentality of that has changed. No longer does the case seem to be ‘negotiate to death and still walk away with a poor deal’.

That outlook may have died with Bill Kenwright. That’s not meant as a jibe, just an observation.
Think the new owners are hardball players.

Add in another season playing alongside Tarks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back