2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Won't be going anywhere this year. Club will offer him an increase in wages this season and probably agree a figure they will listen to offers above next season.

There hasn't been a whisper of him being unhappy or looking for a move. We have no need to sell this season.
IF somebody offers us the 70/80m, he will go, it seems unlikely at this point, but with 2 months of the window left, I wouldnt be getting his name on a shirt.

We need 3-4 like him plus complimentary players to get towards the top of the PL consistently. Other than Pickford, he’s the only player of that ilk. There’s just too much work to do without having that 80 million head start.

Then, if we don’t get there with him still on the roster, there’s a chance he then wants to leave and we lose more control over where he goes and for how much. We don’t want to paint ourselves into a corner.

To be clear, he shouldn’t go to United. They’re 3-4 Branthwaite type players away as well. The market is probably Arsenal, City, perhaps Newcastle. Maybe Madrid or Bayern are wild cards. If one of those clubs come in with the right money, we take that and rebuild. If not, there shouldn’t be any reason to sell.
The minute you mentioned the word ‘roster’ a little bit of football died.

Dude made more progress at Everton in the last year from his point of view, he increased his playing profile to become close to 100 mill pound player and cracked the England squad - he’s surely going to be part of the new era once team GB sack Mr Wallpaper Paste.

When I look at things from Jarrods point of view, I see a lot of upside at staying at Everton, games, profile, development, time on his side and further international recognitition. Increasing his profile further for possibility a bigger move.

What can Utd offer him that we can’t - money?
Totally agree. Add in the fact that he’s in a back five with Pickers at Club level and you can see a sane national manager will have that same partnership as the foundation for his defence

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.