Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost every player in the world is for sale at the right price. There’ll be a number Everton would sell at so there’s no point in us publicly saying he’s not for sale at any price then Madrid offer us 120 mill and we accept it and look ridiculous
We shouldn’t be selling at any price this summer. Unless finances are that dire that we have no choice, then his sale should be on hold until next summer. That back four almost guarantees we go in to the new stadium a Premier League team. One player is THAT important. Of course it’s always important to stay in the division, but this season coming up is arguably more important than any other. We simply have to remain a Premier League team going in to Bramley Moore. We had the fourth best defensive record in the entire league just gone, that defence keeps us up regardless of what happens at the other end of the pitch. What’s the cost of relegation?

It’s not as if refusing any bid means we’re losing out on a windfall for an asset. Branthwaite will still be worth the same in 12 months, maybe even more. Unless the player does a Lescott, downs tools and demands a move, then he should be staying exactly where he is. That benefits us more than his transfer fee currently. Again, if finances dictate we have to sell to keep the lights on, then sell we must. But we’re told that isn’t the situation.

This £65/70 mil talk is small time if it's from Everton.

This club needs to grow a pair, Maguire went for £80 mil 4 years ago. So that case Branthwaite is not in the same level as Maguire?

I would have Branthwaite every single time a much better player who is only getting better and will go straight to the top.

£100 mil is the start of negotiations otherwise forget it, Kenwright has gone, this club needs to start acting like a club again that wants to compete
IMO Branthwaite is a better player but I guess Maguire had a PL winners medal and was in the England team at the time so maybe a better cv. £70m-£80m seems fair to me for him but I wouldn’t be selling at an undervalue. I guess the club has set their asking price and that’s that. They don’t have to sell him so come up with the cash or walk away.

I think under a previous ownership we’d of sold for £35m, had Jonny Evans in exchange on 150k a week for 3 years, and being told how great a club we were to have both the Irish and Northern Irish captains in our first choice defence

You have to laugh. Reading through the comments here they’re demanding anywhere between 35 and 60 million for bog standard midfielder turning 28 in December. These are the same people who think their 35 million offer for Branthwaite is “fair” and we’re taking the pi$$ asking for more. That’s supporters in a nutshell.

Next time just copy and paste the story so nobody has to give the mutants a click.

For the record, nobody needs to read it, its pathetic.

https://utddistrict.co.uk/bayern-munich-everton-de-ligt-branthwaite-negotiations/01/07/2024/#
Bayern Munich has thoroughly embarrassed Everton in their negotiations with Manchester United regarding the potential transfer of Matthijs de Ligt.
Manchester United are currently searching for new centre-back options after the last campaign saw Erik ten Hag‘s men concede over 80 goals and deal with a mammoth injury crisis.
Raphaël Varane, Lisandro Martínez, Harry Maguire, Victor Lindelöf, and Jonny Evans all spent extensive lengths of time on the sidelines at Old Trafford, and in light of this, the club have been searching for new talents with multiple of the aforementioned names likely to leave.

Read More: Manchester United shock transfer exit could help INEOS, it depends on Man City
The window started with Jarrad Branthwaite being the most often-linked player to United. The club submitted a bid of £35 million plus a further £8 million in add-ons to Everton, which was rejected.

Alongside the rejection, Everton threw United a demand upwards of £70 million, citing Harry Maguire’s £80 million move in 2019 as the benchmark for what they believe Branhwaite was worth. It’s a very bizarre reference point, considering that it’s universally accepted that United grossly overpaid for the English centre-half at the time.
Although it is likely that United will submit a second bid at some point this window, their attention has seemingly switched to Bayern Munich’s 24-year-old defender Matthijs de Ligt, where negotiations are much more reasonable.

De Ligt rose to prominence under Ten Hag at Ajax, where he became club captain at just 19 and was a stellar performer during their famous 2018/19 campaign, where they won the league and reached the Champions League semi-finals.
However, despite his immense clear talent, De Ligt’s career has not quite taken off since, with injuries and underwhelming performances at Juventus and then Bayern halting his trajectory.

With this in mind, Bayern have been much more reasonable with their transfer demands, reportedly asking for a fee of around £42 million plus bonuses. Although United have not made any official bid, it is said that the two clubs are in contact and that De Ligt is keen on the move.
Bayern’s valuation of De Ligt embarrasses the demands that Everton are making. While Branthwaite’s talent is immense, he is much less of a proven player than De Ligt, having just one season of elite football against De Ligt’s six years. De Ligt has proven himself on the biggest stages, while Branthwaite’s potential move would be shrouded with uncertainty.

If the Maguire comparisons are also considered, Everton’s demands look even more bizarre. At the time, Maguire was performing very well at Leicester City after initially proving his abilities at Hull and was a key player with England, having started for them during the 2018 World Cup.
On the other hand, Branthwaite has not achieved anywhere near this level, having been left out of England’s 2024 European Championship squad even though Maguire’s recent injury provided extra space.

Bayern Munich’s valuation takes all factors into consideration, from De Ligt’s clear talent and experience to his underwhelming impact and previous injury issues. Everton, on the other hand, have made a Branthwaite valuation that hinges on an over-paid transfer that grossly overestimates their player’s abilities as of now.
Although Branthwaite may be a superbly talented player, Everton have been thoroughly embarrassed.
They fail to mention that after his “stellar” season at Ajax he cost Juventus £72 million. It is his drop in form and injuries since that move that have reduced his value.

Some outlets now suggesting that Branthwaite is getting agitated. The media are pulling all kinds of tricks to ensure we reduce the demands. The witch hunt on Everton continues. I don't see the problem....we have set a fee....meet it or walk away. Doesn't just apply to ManUre

IMO Branthwaite is a better player but I guess Maguire had a PL winners medal and was in the England team at the time so maybe a better cv. £70m-£80m seems fair to me for him but I wouldn’t be selling at an undervalue. I guess the club has set their asking price and that’s that. They don’t have to sell him so come up with the cash or walk away.

Maguire has never won the Prem.

Yer maguire deffo never had a winners medal, but Leicester got good money for him and that fofana, who hasn't played much in years.

I wouldn't even sell for 80m, he will be worth more next year

At some point we will sell this lad. Hopefully not until the end of next season. The way utd have been behaving over this is embarrassing, particularly their fans. Would love Ancelotti to come in with an 80M bid for him to go to real, but loaned back to us for the season. Win win. They get the hottest young CB prospect secured, we get him for one more full season and utd get nothing.

Seems strange that Utd are getting so emotional over a business transaction. Pay the price or walk away.

Don't think Branthwaite will go on strike or anything so they don't really have any other cards to play.

Wise words Goodisongang.

Branthwaite will be worth £85-90 millions next summer.
He’ll eventually go to a top team I have no doubt. Personally I think he can do better than Utd but if they go to £70millon or higher they’ll probably sell.

All hinges on buying a good CB and a good RB if that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back