2023/24 James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be looked at as a huge mistake to make him captain over Pickford. Jagielka mk 2.

And people scoffed at maguire coming in (he never was).

I know he's highly rated by many, but I think it's obvious he's only ever involved in relegation battles because that's his level. Being surrounded by dross like Keane helps him make him look better than he is.

It will be keane that and keane this, but this lad is just a slightly better version. We are seeing how crucial Mina was in the run in and how big of a drop in quality these two are to him. Worries me he won't play Branthwaite and we haven't been linked to a single CB. I think its a serious problem

The thing that's always got me with this whole narrative about how solid he is, is that when Burnley dropped, I remember watching all their games as they bottled it down the stretch (they did matter to Everton staying up, after all). They repeatedly gave up goals where Tarkowski was obviously the weak link and out of position. If he's actually engaging an attacker 1v1, he's really good at winning those challenges, and he can win headers, so the fact that he looks the part means people assume he's this fantastic CB. But his positioning is almost always awful to begin with and he literally backs away from attacks until he's at the byline sometimes.
2 years ago today he signed…. This is just some of page 1 of this thread 👍

Jordan, our first meeting was when I got my first England call-up in March 2018. Straight away it was clear to me that you were a leader.

We never got to play together for our country, but I'm so happy to be your team-mate at Everton. You are fearless, brave and I know the work you put in to ensure you are prepared for the defining moments — like when you saved Manuel Akanji's penalty against Switzerland.

You have had an outstanding tournament, but you have been outstanding for England since you first pulled on your gloves. We are starting pre-season on Monday and we miss you because life is quiet without you. But we will be watching on Sunday. Everyone at Everton is right behind you. Bring it home, mate.

Tarks message for Jordan Pickford ahead of tonight's game. Source: Daily Mail.

I keep reading online that Tarks has suffered a back injury and is out for a few weeks.

Anyone know if there is anything in this?

Uh oh
Tarks could look after Keane for a game or two if desperate but Keane and Branthwaite together sounds very scary (even though JB is our best player it’s the experience and who’s leading the line at the back)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.