The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it true if they get it through before window close they cans/will spend?
Nobody knows.

If you ask me it seems unlikely, they have lots of debts to pay off and the last thing we need is them making rash decisions.

It would be prudent to take a sensible approach until they have a Board and sensible leadership in place.

But nobody knows is the short answer.

I also consider it unlikely, but not impossible, that they have full control before September.

Disagree.

They will be judged on how well they spend/sell, and most importantly the quality they can add relative to the money they spend.

Moshiri "lashed dough at us" in the early years and look how that turned out.

Thats a very simplistic way of assessing the situation my friend.

Thats like saying a past relationship with a brunette girl ended badly, therefore any future relationships with other brunette girls will end the same way.

Villa & Newcastles owners have lashed dough at their respective clubs and both have qualified for the champions league and have squads with far more depth and quality than ours.

Large scale Investment isn't the issue, bad recruitment is.

Thats a very simplistic way of assessing the situation.

Thats like saying a relationship with a brunette girl ended badly therefore all relationships with brunette girls will end the same way .

Villa & Newcastles owners have lashed dough at their respective clubs and both have qualified for the champions league and have squads with far more depth and quality than ours.

Investments are made for the top down, it is up too those at the top to have the right people in place to spend/earn their money wisely, Moshiri is to blame for the current state of our playing team

Like I'm going to post that on here :Blink:

KhSiGET.gif

Nobody knows.

If you ask me it seems unlikely, they have lots of debts to pay off and the last thing we need is them making rash decisions.

It would be prudent to take a sensible approach until they have a Board and sensible leadership in place.

But nobody knows is the short answer.

I also consider it unlikely, but not impossible, that they have full control before September.

We do know. Financial Cost Control regulations still apply so we know that they won't be lashing money on players all over the place

There will be targeted discrete investment made in key areas

But people are delusional if they think money will be lashed on players stupidly

I would be surprised if Friedkin offered either Bell or Downing seats on the board, they will surely want all of the appointees to be their own picks.

It would be great to have a varied board, containing people with expertise across different functional areas - finance, football business, commercial. But they can surely look to achieve that without going down the token blue route. If anything I think a bit of cold-blooded objectivity towards how the club is run is what we need.
Smart move for all.. I think we are now moving in the right direction for the first time in years .. COYB 💙

Thats a very simplistic way of assessing the situation my friend.

Thats like saying a past relationship with a brunette girl ended badly, therefore any future relationships with other brunette girls will end the same way.

That's exactly what I said.

Please read my response again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back