Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

NEW SIGNINGS: PROGRESS - A POLL?

Which new signing would get in any top 4 (last season) starting 11.

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 159 52.0%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 126 41.2%
  • Sandro Ramirez

Votes: 94 30.7%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 205 67.0%
  • Henry Onyekuru

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 3 of them were wanted by a top 4 side so anyone who hasn't ticked Keane, Pickford and Henry is a bit silly

None of them would get in all the top 4 sides but I think Pickford would get in at City/RS, Klaasen and Henry I have never seen play so reserve judgement. Sandro would be knocking on the door at all of them but not sure about being a starter. Keane I reckon would be close at City, RS and Chelsea but not yet as good as the Spurs pair. This may all change by the end of the window though.

I can't do these sorts of polls until I know the full story.

Some of those names haven't even signed for us. Yet. Some players, we know who, will probably leave. Others we've not even thought of yet will come in.

Wait and see where we are on opening day.

You have probably been abused for saying this but it's true.

Just take a look at our rivals forums last few days - our signings are worrying no one.
I can imagine you rocking back and forth in ya box room, curtains drawn, skiddy strides on, repeating 'I'm not worried' hoping desperately to start believing it. The fact people are talkin is a compliment, the worry is coursing through you, who are we worried about? No one.

I can imagine you rocking back and forth in ya box room, curtains drawn, skiddy strides on, repeating 'I'm not worried' hoping desperately to start believing it. The fact people are talkin is a compliment, the worry is coursing through you, who are we worried about? No one.
Yes, worry is coursing through me. We are signing average players yet again.

Yes, worry is coursing through me. We are signing average players yet again.
lol yes I agree this transfer window has been a particular stain in our past history of transfer windows and seems a great time to sign up and spread the concern. As you were, stay Slippy :bye:

Do we even need threads like this? We all know that davek and his merry band of bed wetters will ruin it in about 30 minutes.

Personally I think are signings wouldn't get into top 4 sides but they are progression on the absolute s*** we had before.

Well it took YOU 7 mins to dampen this thread.
Hypocrite.

'@davek and his merry band of bed wetters' have an opinion. As do you. But don't join the immature yobs and bully or intimidate.
Your comments are distasteful.

Are you someone who hides in the crowd at GP and shouts abuse. Will you apologise?

A little discussion earlier in the transfer thread so thought a poll may be interesting.
We have seemingly made some progress recently on our purchases. I say 'seemingly' because the question remains: are any of our signings 'top 4 quality'.

Simple question:
From our current signings (have included Ramirez and Keane because I am an idiot / optimist [delete as appropriate], which ones would get in one of the top 4's first 11? If none, what do you believe our aspirations are for this coming season? Top 5? Top 6?

I'll throw in my 2 pence. I believe that we should be aiming for top 6, to dislodge one from the Sky 6 love-nest. In doing so, I think we would be able to attract CL players this time next season.

Our signings currently I believe will see us above Arsenal and / or Liverpool however both will inevitably improve their squads before the big kick off.

Currently, none of them.

Keane and Pickford may well step up to that level soon, and the same might be said for Klaassen and, to a lesser extent Ramirez. Onyekuru is one for the future, but is unlikely to be at that level for a while. But we have to build up from what we've got, and, if they all end up signing then we'll have improved on what we've got and the players we've signed have the potential to improve to that level.

In the starting 11? None of them I would think except possibly Klaassen who I haven't seen enough to cast judgment on. Haven't seen Sandro kick a football either but they've all got established strikers he wouldn't displace.

Pickford might've gotten into the RS 11 but I don't know if they despise Mignolet right now or like him.

We've only signed 2 players and Pickford would deffo get in, probably Klaasen for Davies too. If we sign Keane, he will deffo start. The other 2 should make the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back