Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

NEW SIGNINGS: PROGRESS - A POLL?

Which new signing would get in any top 4 (last season) starting 11.

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 159 52.0%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 126 41.2%
  • Sandro Ramirez

Votes: 94 30.7%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 205 67.0%
  • Henry Onyekuru

Votes: 30 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking the wrong question. Different players for different managers for different needs.

How many laughed at Chelsea using Alonso and Moses early into last season? Rest my case.

I'd say Keane was just as good as Cahill, Vertonghen and Mustafi and you can take your pick of a bunch of Liverpool, United and City center backs who played a fair amount that he was better than

It really is a 'glass half empty' question this.
Firstly, it's very much a squad game and we are starting from a position where our squad is much weaker than squads of those above us. Secondly, There is a long way to go in this window yet.

Here's two questions -
1 Has anybody had a better window so far ?
2 Of the players signed so far by the so called 'top teams' how many would walk into our first eleven ?

Arsenal
Sead kolasinac

Liverpool
Dominic Solanke
Mohamed Salah

Man City
Bernardo Silva
Ederson

Man Utd
Victor Lindelof

Chelsea
NONE

Spurs
NONE

I remember Keane getting laced by the Rom and Pickford getting relegated with Sunderland,

also people tell me Fellaini looked a world beater against Klaasen,

my answer, yeah all 5 would get in a top 4 team

We finished in a very comfortable 7th place. We have improved the front line team. Therefore we can expect to improve our league position. Much will depend on the coming month. To date we are doing well.

I'd say Keane was just as good as Cahill, Vertonghen and Mustafi and you can take your pick of a bunch of Liverpool, United and City center backs who played a fair amount that he was better than
Not a patch on vertonghen, he and alderweirld are the best cbs in the league by some distance

Impossible to say. Will players settle and enjoy life on Merseyside outside of just match day.

I hope the team is stronger than any one part as that wins things. The likes of Huth and Vardy have league winners medals and Lukaku has not.

Obviously Pickford and Keane could find themselves in the lineup (sorry, matchday squad) at City or Liverpool. Both teams struggled at these positions. As to the rest of the players/clubs, any of these seem like they could find a chance and take it, but nothing seems obvious.

I'd say 3 of those...

Kolasinic, Silva and Linden of would get in our current side...probably even after our new signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back