Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's understandable in my eyes. The trigger has been Barkley - people are trying to sugarcoat it, but we're losing one of the best young players of his generation because he doesn't want to stay. That doesn't inspire confidence in the 'project' as a whole.

Sure, it could be that Barkley is just an idiot, but we also lost Lukaku (whether that's a good thing or not is subjective) for the same reason.

Whereas we are replacing both with either an inferior player in Sigurdsson or a past his prime player in Rooney.

That said, I'm not in the doom and gloom crowd myself, but it depends on what happens between now and the end of August. Another decent centre half and a classy proven striker like Giroud and consider me content.

I agree, I find it strange people are called bedwetters for being concerned about selling our best players and replacing them with average ones.
Obviously the jury is out until the season gets underway, however I think its fair to be concerned

Looks to me no more signings until we get the Barklay money

Why isn't it? And all clubs pay installments so we're ok for money anyway

I do not think its a matter of installments, more performance related and dependent, so very much up in the air
Taking money out of the equation its obvious United got a great deal from us and we have strengthened our competition

I think it natural pre-season nervousness, i'm sure most teams forums are similar.
Ours was quite upbeat until will lost the friendly to Man City at the weekend when it went into meltdown over night.
Half the posters staying calm & the other half demanding immediate signings - ANY signings!.

I think the Barkley situation is different to say stones or lukaku personally think he doesn't like the fact he's been told he needs to improve been use to years off papers and former manger and ex footballers saying he is the next big thing also the fact he obviously has problems outside off football and wants to get away maybe

I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed at the moment, mainly because at this very moment I think we are weaker than last season:

Lukaku - Gone
Deulofeu - Gone
Barkley - Imminent Exit
Coleman - Long term injured
Bolasie - Long term injured
Funes Mori - Long term injured
Valencia - Loan expired

This is a lot of established talent missing

for me, we need a left footed CB, 20 goal striker and some more pace on the flanks before we can even say we are at the same level of last season.

I do not think its a matter of installments, more performance related and dependent, so very much up in the air
Taking money out of the equation its obvious United got a great deal from us and we have strengthened our competition
You just said in a previous doom and gloom post that we're selling our best players, so surely our ex best player would meet the targets set to activate the fees or does that not suit the agenda?

I'm sceptical. We've not replaced the second best striker in the league. We will probably lose Ross who is an immense talent on his day.

I don't like the 'quantity over quality' approach to transfers. It's what the Kopites always do. We haven't brought in a player that has me convinced we will finish 4th or higher.

I think this season we will win a pot and finish 6th. Which will be progress.

But forget CL football. We aren't getting there yet.

You just said in a previous doom and gloom post that we're selling our best players, so surely our ex best player would meet the targets set to activate the fees or does that not suit the agenda?

I think it is a fact that we have and are selling our best player/s, there is no argument there.

Its an unknown as to the player meeting those targets to activate further fees, no guarantees at all, therefore the fees are not guaranteed
I think that is pretty simple to understand, we may get more, we may not ...... that simple !

I think it is a fact that we have and are selling our best player/s, there is no argument there.

Its an unknown as to the player meeting those targets to activate further fees, no guarantees at all, therefore the fees are not guaranteed
I think that is pretty simple to understand, we may get more, we may not ...... that simple !
Lukaku wanted out. Simple. What would u do, force him to stay and have him play like a yard dog? The rest of the players we've sold were deadwood. Yeah it's pretty simple to understand that we'll get the fees unless he never plays football again which is a slim chance.

Because its not nonsense .......
Only the actual facts make it nonsense by definition

We spent nearly £100m before the Lukaku cash arrived, so to say that we can't spend anymore until we get the cash for Barkley is absolute plums

We've also bid £45m for Sigurdsson btw in case that slipped past you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back