Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might sound crazy but I felt the 13/14 squad was much better than the current one. Obviously you have a much better manager now & the likes of Lukaku, Stones, Deulofeu & Barkley have improved a lot ever since then but that was one hell of a team. Barkley's solo goal against Newcastle, the freekick winner against Swansea. Lukaku's brace against Liverpool, Deulofeu late winner at the Emirates, Mirallas suddenly being lethal from set pieces etc

I was convinced that side would quickly challenge for the Top 4 & title like this current Tottenham team the media have been raving about but sadly it wasn't mean to be.

I'm not overly impressed with this current team though for some reason. I love the Pickford, Sandro & Keane signings but I still think you lot are 2 or 3 players short with Lukaku & Barkley wanting out.

Your window is eerily similar to Chelsea, brought some top young talent in but not fully satisfied since top players were lost in the process while key areas haven't been addressed yet.

This might sound crazy but I felt the 13/14 squad was much better than the current one. Obviously you have a much better manager now & the likes of Lukaku, Stones, Deulofeu & Barkley have improved a lot ever since then but that was one hell of a team. Barkley's solo goal against Newcastle, the freekick winner against Swansea. Lukaku's brace against Liverpool, Deulofeu late winner at the Emirates, Mirallas suddenly being lethal from set pieces etc

I was convinced that side would quickly challenge for the Top 4 & title like this current Tottenham team the media have been raving about but sadly it wasn't mean to be.

I'm not overly impressed with this current team though for some reason. I love the Pickford, Sandro & Keane signings but I still think you lot are 2 or 3 players short with Lukaku & Barkley wanting out.

Your window is eerily similar to Chelsea, brought some top young talent in but not fully satisfied since top players were lost in the process while key areas haven't been addressed yet.
Consistency is the key Gil, no matter who you are you must keep improving each season, that team was poorly managed by Martinez and never reached its potential. 3 more quality signings needed this window, Striker, centre half and pacey winger.

You're spot on with this. In terms of mangers we've upgraded massively but the players haven't improved. Especially when you compare them with the sides we have aspirations of competing with.

How we're replacing Lukaku and Barkley is a complete mystery to me right now; unless we've settled on hugely downgrading. In terms of squad we've got a decent bunch of players and we'll be top ten comfortably.

The problem is that we're fallible at both ends of the pitch. Baines is well overdue replacing and Williams really needs to up his game. The problem in terms of scoring and creating chances is there for all to see as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back