2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few days has shown the value of getting behind and supporting the players, but instead we have people abusing Dom and Dele for, well, not getting picked seems to be their crime.

Or maybe there's another reason behind the abuse, I wonder what they have in common.

Oh mate dont go down that road. I dont think that has a single thing to do with it. Davies or gomes get just as much.
Dele ali had this at spurs. Wether you agree with it or not he was often questioned as not being one to have in the trenches. Its a fair question on a forum imo considering our position.
Calvert lewin in his last few performances. Ive sat and watched and asked myself is he interested or not match fit. Again its a fair question to ask.
Are people not allowed to ask without the race card being thrown up. I find it tedious.

Oh mate dont go down that road. I dont think that has a single thing to do with it. Davies or gomes get just as much.
Dele ali had this at spurs. Wether you agree with it or not he was often questioned as not being one to have in the trenches. Its a fair question on a forum imo considering our position.
Calvert lewin in his last few performances. Ive sat and watched and asked myself is he interested or not match fit. Again its a fair question to ask.
Are people not allowed to ask without the race card being thrown up. I find it tedious.
We all have things that we find tedious.

A month since his last game and this thread keeps growing and growing, handbag jokes, frock jokes, hate, for no reason.

He cant change your minds sitting on the bench, but does that stop the hate? Oh hell no.

Im not even sure its racism, some of it is jealousy, hes a young attractive man, living his best life, dressing how he wants, getting himself out there.

But people only know how to hate.

Judge him on his football, before his current break, his football was terrible, PERSONALLY I put that down to a lack of fitness, his best attributes are physical, at his best he bullies, he runs, he jumps, he works. Pre-injury he did all that. Has his head been turned? I dont know, what I do know is that he remains an Everton player and till the day he leaves I will support him fully, cos I like him as a player and as a man. Hes never slighted this club, hes been a good servant for us and he deserves our support.

So anyway, thats my POV, I will try and refrain from this thread till he plays football and we can judge him on that going forward.

If he leaves at the end of the season, oh well, as much as I like him, his injury record is a huge concern this season and we need people who are fit and healthy.

As long as we get a good fee and replace him, then we go again.

But if he stays and returns to his best, great, we have an asset.

A month since his last game and this thread keeps growing and growing, handbag jokes, frock jokes, hate, for no reason.

He cant change your minds sitting on the bench, but does that stop the hate? Oh hell no.

Im not even sure its racism, some of it is jealousy, hes a young attractive man, living his best life, dressing how he wants, getting himself out there.

Judge him on his football, before his current break, his football was terrible, PERSONALLY I put that down to a lack of fitness, his best attributes are physical, at his best he bullies, he runs, he jumps, he works. Pre-injury he did all that. Has his head been turned? I dont know, what I do know is that he remains an Everton player and till the day he leaves I will support him fully, cos I like him as a player and as a man. Hes never slighted this club, hes been a good servant for us and he deserves our support.

So anyway, thats my POV, I will try and refrain from this thread till he plays football and we can judge him on that going forward.

If he leaves at the end of the season, oh well, as much as I like him, his injury record is a huge concern this season and we need people who are fit and healthy.

I'll be honest i stopped reading about 2nd paragraph down. You are jumping to all these conclusions but i think its as simple as this. The centre forward role is crucial in most teams. But esp when you dont have one in a relegation fight and some of his performances he hasnt been at it. Even if he isnt at it he could put himself about and whack a few centre backs.
Its frustration amongst fans And i think thats all it is.

I'll be honest i stopped reading about 2nd paragraph down. You are jumping to all these conclusions but i think its as simple as this. The centre forward role is crucial in most teams. But esp when you dont have one in a relegation fight and some of his performances he hasnt been at it. Even if he isnt at it he could put himself about and whack a few centre backs.
Its frustration. And i think thats all it is.
I stopped reading at your first sentence and put you on ignore.

But thanks for trying.

My conspiracy theory is that DCL has had a very bad injury and he is being brought back very carefully to avoid a recurrence.

In recent weeks we have done well in his absence and the manager has not seen the need to risk him if he can avoid it.

I don't think DCL will be sold this summer, maybe next summer when he will be down to the last two years of his contract.

Ask Frank
I think the way Richy has been playing is one thing, I also think recent games our subs, have been forced due to Injuries, and scoreline.
It is a risk now to bring a game shy DCL in at this stage, putting Richy's beak out of joint in the process when we can't get goals from many other places normally.
But even if he was destined to stay on the bench short term, or still carting a knock, people carrying on about unfouded Arsenal rumours, FFP and his dress sense need to give their heads a wobble.
So is he fit ?

The last 30 seconds for instance at Leicester on Sunday, we're desperate not to give them a final chance.
Rondon steps in just their side of the half way line, bullies,robs and dispossess's their man, then wins us a free kick, game over and 3 points. You could see what Seamus thought of it.

Question I ask myself about DCL is could he and would he have done that? maybe so, but I doubt it.
It's all very well saying he needs service, he needs it layed on for him, he needs balls to his head,feet wherever but that's a waste of shirt for me at this level.

He's not really if we're honest anywhere near as good a goal scorer as a Kane or Vardy, yet the work rate those 2 put in, in addition to their strikes just amazes me.
If you didn't know Kanes position you could be forgiven in thinking he was a midfielder, defender, Centre back or Striker, yet he's still on the end of a hell of a lot of half chances and slots them with consistency. I'm only mentioning Kane as that's who fans compare him too by the way.

With the quality we have in Richie and Gordon I think it's daft for them to be expected to change their game to solely supply him.
As that’s worked swimmingly this season ?

Compare to last season ?

You obvious prefer to be in a relegation battle

The last 30 seconds for instance at Leicester on Sunday, we're desperate not to give them a final chance.
Rondon steps in just their side of the half way line, bullies,robs and dispossess's their man, then wins us a free kick, game over and 3 points. You could see what Seamus thought of it.

Question I ask myself about DCL is could he and would he have done that? maybe so, but I doubt it.
It's all very well saying he needs service, he needs it layed on for him, he needs balls to his head,feet wherever but that's a waste of shirt for me at this level.

He's not really if we're honest anywhere near as good a goal scorer as a Kane or Vardy, yet the work rate those 2 put in, in addition to their strikes just amazes me.
If you didn't know Kanes position you could be forgiven in thinking he was a midfielder, defender, Centre back or Striker, yet he's still on the end of a hell of a lot of half chances and slots them with consistency. I'm only mentioning Kane as that's who fans compare him too by the way.

With the quality we have in Richie and Gordon I think it's daft for them to be expected to change their game to solely supply him.
A comparison between what Rondon did and what you imagine DCL would have done is not really a useful point.

Great post mate

Status
Not open for further replies.