2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could point to that...or it could point to injuries and recovery time.

I think @Neiler expects £60mil for him but id take £40mil at this point.

The injuries over an entire season are a major concern.

With Kean going as well that would be £65mil in the coffers to aid the rebuild.
Have you ever sold a professional football player before - in real life?

The deal with Arsenal is clearly done, he even boasted about the move to the people at his GQ shoot. He's never been good enough imo, cash in and move on.
Where did you hear that? It is considered bad practice to talk football at a GQ shoot. I only know because they told me it was frowned upon when I was talking about the toffees at mine.

Both been shagged by Tom Davies
1_daviesdcl.jpg

Don’t really mind if he’s leaving couldn’t care less, 1 good season under Carlo and that’s been it, would love Broja from Chelsea though, lampard gave him his debut at chelsea aswell I believe. Hopefully he uses some of the money and goes for him. Proper talent.

I think he is class.
He has been here a long time, through all the turmoil.
Played his way into the side, always said the right things, been respectful.
Lad has been injured a few times and we have had to bring him in early.
Scores goals that one against United always stands out to me. He is a poacher.
All strikers have bad runs.
We should not be on his case because of the predicament of the team, and the shambles of the running of the club.
Get him fit, get him in and get service to him and he will deliver.
Let's back him

I think he is class.
He has been here a long time, through all the turmoil.
Played his way into the side, always said the right things, been respectful.
Lad has been injured a few times and we have had to bring him in early.
Scores goals that one against United always stands out to me. He is a poacher.
All strikers have bad runs.
We should not be on his case because of the predicament of the team, and the shambles of the running of the club.
Get him fit, get him in and get service to him and he will deliver.
Let's back him
Ok you got me let's do it. Is he fully fit now?

The last 30 seconds for instance at Leicester on Sunday, we're desperate not to give them a final chance.
Rondon steps in just their side of the half way line, bullies,robs and dispossess's their man, then wins us a free kick, game over and 3 points. You could see what Seamus thought of it.

Question I ask myself about DCL is could he and would he have done that? maybe so, but I doubt it.
It's all very well saying he needs service, he needs it layed on for him, he needs balls to his head,feet wherever but that's a waste of shirt for me at this level.

He's not really if we're honest anywhere near as good a goal scorer as a Kane or Vardy, yet the work rate those 2 put in, in addition to their strikes just amazes me.
If you didn't know Kanes position you could be forgiven in thinking he was a midfielder, defender, Centre back or Striker, yet he's still on the end of a hell of a lot of half chances and slots them with consistency. I'm only mentioning Kane as that's who fans compare him too by the way.

With the quality we have in Richie and Gordon I think it's daft for them to be expected to change their game to solely supply him.

Last edited:
Ok you got me let's do it. Is he fully fit now?
Ask Frank
I think the way Richy has been playing is one thing, I also think recent games our subs, have been forced due to Injuries, and scoreline.
It is a risk now to bring a game shy DCL in at this stage, putting Richy's beak out of joint in the process when we can't get goals from many other places normally.
But even if he was destined to stay on the bench short term, or still carting a knock, people carrying on about unfouded Arsenal rumours, FFP and his dress sense need to give their heads a wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.