2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has spoken very well in press conferances. He'sa good communicator. You can see why top managers, like Mourinho, Ancelotti, Pep etc all loved the guy in the dressing room. He seems very adept at being able to say the right thing.

I'm trying not to blow smoke up his backside, and at times I think there is a question around his game management and tactical acumen, and when it's gone wrong it's tended to be him just not getting that right, but he is a good communicator.

What has impressed me most, is when we got him,I really worried he would be one of these ex managers, who have their way of wanting to play, normally developed on what top teams want and just wouldn't adapt. I was probably right on that, as had he have done that, we'd have got relegated last season. But he has adapted a game plan, put some experienced yard dogs in at centre back, with Gana in the middle which gives us a foundation.

What he has insisted upon, is mentality. I'm not saying we are a top 6 side or whatever, but to me we have far more lads who are fighters now, a bit like what we had under Moyes. Guys who is it gets a bit tough, roll their sleeves up.

We won't win every week, but I think we will make it difficult for sides most weeks, which is a big step forwtattoos?

Exactly this. He's building a proper squad who will give 100%. It's going to take time to unravel years of mismanagement and bad eggs.

Completely correct, Eggs.

He has had an IQ measured at genius level by the way.

One of my favourite moments on here was @ForeverBlue92 banging on about like "listen, we all know Frank isn't very clever" or words to that effect.

They say intelligence recognises intelligence.

Meanwhile Frank is drawing concrete mathematical genius on Harvard's bogs.
Perhaps he's eager to demonstrate his take on Newton's assertion of what goes up must come down?

Status
Not open for further replies.